WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Gunsofarizone

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Gunsofarizone »

Hello, new to the forum I have already found quite a bit of information from the forum that has been of use. I reside in the copper state, Arizona. Still a working man, I have been involved in construction most of my life.

The Second Amendment, motorcycles (vintage & modern), trucks & cars 1979 and older & firearms are a few of the things that interest me.

Just picked up my P-64 a few weeks ago in Prescott, AZ at J&G Sales. Very pleased with it and it is very clean, not much holster rub & does not appear to have been fired much. I picked up a few pointers here first then I took it to the range and was quite pleased & impressed with the operation of the P-64.
Hollow Points - For Those Who Care Enough to Send the Very Best
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Trooper joe

Post by Trooper joe »

New to this great forum. Already posted my ordering 2 P-64s, Radom @ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5715 .

Should have introduced myself on this thread first.

I have a love. Affair with real,all metal handguns (although I do qualify. For my LEOSA permit/ nation wide retired law enforcement carry permit) with a Glock 19.

Love these P-64s even more so than an East German or Russian Makorav.

Great forum and lots of good information.

Trooper Joe
NashOpel

Post by NashOpel »

Hello to everyone,

I have been wanting a p-64 for a long time now. Finally pulled the trigger (ha) and got one!
There is a lot of great info here to process, so I will be doing a lot of reading and research for a while on this great little pistol.
Attachments
The year is 1968
The year is 1968
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Trooper Joe and NashOpel, we welcome you both to the Brotherhood. If you have questions about the P-64 you will find the answer here as there is tons of knowledge to be had here.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Nash looks like you got a nice one.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Hello all,
I've always wanted a PPK and I came across the P-64 while surfing the web. It looked interesting but I didn't need one, at least until I found this forum. Now I need one and ordered from AIM. The strange thing about AIM is they sent me an email stating that since they were shipping to my FFL I wouldn't get a shipping notification or a tracking #. Also, my order will not show up on their website under "my orders". Bud's Gunshop never did this so I guess this i peculiar to AIM.

Jim
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Jim.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
xDoodles

Post by xDoodles »

Hi guys! Just recently picked my first P-64. Getting a second one is very tempting. They're really nice handguns.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Doodles.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
firkon

Post by firkon »

Hello there--new member here! I just got my P64 from Buds last week and I'm so glad I found this forum--it's already saved me a lot of time. I've got a 1967 model and the extra mag I got with it had massive jamming problems (no problems at all with the serial-matching mag). Lo and behold, I found in another thread that there are subtle mag differences between the round and angled hammer designs!

I've had a PA-63 forever and had been wanting another 9x18 pistol. So far (just 50 rounds in) I like the P64. Still want to get a P83 at some point...
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Kind of a late post but an update on my P-64 from AIM. I think I paid $239 for it, with 2 magazines. It seems to be un-issued, no wear marks on the finish or any internal parts. I had to shoot it a bit to get some wear marks so I would know where to polish. DA trigger was bad but Wolf springs fixed that (18# hammer, 22# recoil). Tried a Hogue rubber grip but found I didn't need it. All in all I'm very happy with AIM and my P-64.

Jim
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum firkon.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
kwqd

Post by kwqd »

Been a member for awhile but just adding my introduction.

Born in Hannibal, MO in 1954. Enlisted in the US Army Security Agency in 1972 for four years. Served 3 years in Southeast Asia and then moved to B/2/10 Air Cav. Highest rank Staff Sergeant. Moved to Seattle for 12 years. To Illinois in 1992, BS Industrial Engineering 1995, MS Computer Science 2002 (using a state veterans grant) both Illinois State Univeristy, MS Library and Information Science University of Illinois 2014. Martial artist for 20ish years (Isshin-ryu while living in Okinawa, Wing Chun Kung Fu while living in Thailand, Kenpo Karate while living in Seattle and some dabbling in other styles). Too beat up for martial arts now so just do yoga and conditioning exercises, hiking, biking, etc. In decent shape for early 60s. Some hearing loss from military service and a couple of reconstructive surgeries. Eyes no longer good enough for serious shooting, though, but I do OK.

Been collecting weapons of all sorts for about 40 years, but had to liquidate most of my non-essential weapons in the early 1990s due to a move. I shot competitively for a few years (Combat Pistol and Assault Rifle). Got my 03FFL and started heavily collecting milsurps a few years ago. I have a particular fondness for milsurp bolt action rifles which are the bulk of my collection, but have a couple of dozen military pistols (four P64s and two CZ82s) and revolvers, half a dozen SKSes, a few Garands and one M4 style AR. Planning on picking up a DDI AKM in the near future. I am also a prepper. That's about it.

I appreciate the help I've gotten on this forum and enjoy reading the posts and learning from them.
Last edited by kwqd on August 30th, 2015, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum KW
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary