WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
rt_hawk

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by rt_hawk »

Hi all, my name is a Sean and I am new member to p-64 resource. I just bought my first p-64 2 weeks ago and I love it already...I have swapped out the recoil, hammer and firing pin spring for wolff's, and I love the difference! I also have a set of ZEE russian red grips with thumbrest on the way too! I paid 250 for it, it was an OK deal, its in awesome shape, hardly used, i did have to order some magazines for it because someone stole the mag from it at the gun show before I bought it...can't trust anyone it seems...its a 1977 and is very accurate, makes me feel bad for spending all that money on my brand new CZ handguns...my wife makes a point to remind me of that also...anyway I am from the southwest corner of WI, been here my whole life except college(MN) for 4 years then a couple more in La Crosse...now I am a dairy farmer, married 2+ years, we have have a daughter who is in first grade...I enjoy falconry, biochem, hunting, fishing, diesel performance, Triumph motorcycles and of corse...firearms! I look forward to meeting everyone in this very informative community!!

Sean
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forums Sean.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
MrStark

Post by MrStark »

Hello All,

I have been a Cruffler for a few years now..got my FFL 03 C/R License about a year ago. Just got my first P64 (Very Clean 1971 Model) the other day, although it is not my first Mak, it is a very cool gun. I look forward to shooting it and doing some mods later on...replace springs, new grips, etc...

Look forward to learning and sharing.

Stay Dangerous!

(Pictured with my P64 is my Benchmade CBK Push, my daily carry knife)

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forums
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
rwingsfan

Post by rwingsfan »

Hey all my name is Tony and I am a mak junky.....hehe. Anyway new to the forum but have been lurking here for awhile. Caught the makarov bug some time back, but as usual I am late to the game. I know...the p-64 is NOT a makarov, but I sure like it. I have a nice 1969 that was a little rough, but after a good duracoat of the slide and a set of Wolff springs is a pleasure to shoot. I also have a FEG PA-63, Bulgarian Mak, and a CZ-82. Pretty standard stuff. I check back every few days so see ya'll around.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Tony.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Makarov Mohican

Post by Makarov Mohican »

Hello, my name is Jason and I am the proud owner of a Radom P64.

It is my first auto loader, I got it because the 9x18 mak is good cartridge and you just can't beat the price for the gun.

So far I love it, shoots straight and it is a perfect size, yet it is a bit snappy. Some new springs will probably be my next purchase for it.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Brotherhood Makarov Mohican.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
ThoughtPolice

Post by ThoughtPolice »

Hi, My name is Drew and I'm an alco.... wait wrong place. I was sent here by google while on a quest to locate a P64 for a friend. I live in FL and while I'm not busy being a civil engineer I sell guns on the side. I am in no way coming to try and sell anything for those wondering. I only seek information and advise :mrgreen: . So thank you in advance for your time.
-Drew
Disclaimer:
All above text is not warrantied against any misinformation and is all purely speculation on the part of the aforementioned poster. Or something like that.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Drew.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Drew, Welcome to the Brotherhood. Hopefully you will find what you seek, and maybe get one for yourself. be carefull, P-64's are addictive. By the way, love the disclaimer. Ever work for the Government? :mrgreen:
Tarzan Guy

Post by Tarzan Guy »

Hello,
My name is Glenn Erardi, and I've been a member of this forum for several months, albeit under the name of Boston Boy. My computer became stubborn and wouldn't allow me to sign in, so I created a new account.

Anyways, I'm a recently retired writer (though I didn't start in that gig until age 47), with a varied work history--truck driver, security, factory worker and a host of others, which I'd sooner forget.

Oh, almost forget, I was in Vietnam '69-'70 as a grunt with the 4th Infantry Division, and then with 1st Log. Bostonian by birth and choice, I've traveled all over this country, starting at age 14 when I hitch-hiked solo to California. Been cross-country dozens of times, three of those by bus--those were trips, as we used to say in the 1960s.

Had kids late in life, they are now 15 and 17. Since I was a writer, I stayed home with them as they grew, and did all those things a mother would normally do--except menstruate!

Have CC'd for over 40 years, and other than war or work, I've only displayed a pistol once, when some "yutes" were planning to jump me late at night in an underground parking facility, just after I got out of work. Now retired, I visit the gun club 3 or 4 times a week; though most of my time on the range is spent gabbing with the geezers.

It's odd that with seven years in the Army, and millions of hours spent shooting, I can't find a photo of me with a firearm. In fact, I cannot figure out how to put image in this message. Give me a year or two and the problem will be solved.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the froum again Glenn.

Here's how you post photos.

Click on full editer button on the bottom and then use the browse button to go to the pic on you pc.

Use add file button and repeat if multiple pics.

Do a preview to review and then submit.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

I am a retired police officer with 20+ years of service and oddly enough, I am firmly against gun control. I know there has to be some limits but the trouble is if you give them an inch they'll take a mile every time. I always considered the LEGALLY (we have civilian ccw in Ohio) armed citizen an asset not a threat. Criminals will always have guns and when you disarm the good guys the criminal element loses all fear. I bought my first polish p 64 at a gun show last week, it was in unfired condition and less than $200.00 so I figured what the hell, it might be fun. All during my career I always carried revolvers. I trusted them and especialy with the new Glock type semi-autos coming out It drove me even farther away from a semi-auto. Any pistol that has a "safety" lever in the trigger has no safety at all, I don't care what the salesman says. One of our township officers went home at EOS and as he was undressing his 3 year old got hold of his "safe" glock and shot and killed himself. It was a terible tragety and the officer ended up doing two years in prison and of course his career, well his life really, was over not to mention his son was dead. Had that been a revolver with a stiff triger pull or a semi-auto like the little p 64 he wouldn't have had the strength to pull the trigger on the revolver or figure out how to release the safety on the 64. It was a sad end for such a young child. I know a lot of people swear by these Glocks and Glock type sidearms but a safety in the trigger is no safety at all and everyone has a moment of distraction, the phone rings, a knock at the door is all it takes for a kid to grab it. Enough about that. When I picked up this p 64 it had all the features I was lookng for, an external safety, fairly stiff DA, and could be carried like a revolver, decocked with one in the pipe. After a good cleaning I shot two boxes of ball ammo though it and not one jam or FTF. I've become so confident with it I went ahead and bought the Wolfe recoil and trigger springs and about $200.00 worth of bells and whistles. For the first time in my life I will be carrying a semi-auto for my ccw, I have that much faith in it. I guess an old dog can learn new tricks after all :lol: Finding this forum was a Godsend, I learned everything I needed to know about my new weapon and it was a lot of help and I have to say I really appreciate the effort that has gone into this forum. As I said above, I'm a retired LEO, I'm also a contractor though I pick and choose anymore as I really don't need the work, I do a lot of boating and fishing, I build and repair computers for friends, and now, it seems, I've gotten myself addicted to this little gun. For some reason I just can't seem to keep my hands off of it :o :o I also own a 12ga. double barrel coach gun, a Remington .22 cal. rifle, the wife has a 2" 38 special that she intends to take her ccw class with, and I have a 2" 5 shot 38 special detective that I keep pretty handy. I've spent more money on firearms and ammo since the middle of December than I've spent in twenty years because it's hard to tell what the current administration is likely to do. I told the wife to get her ccw right away, I don't need one because under Federal law I can carry a weapon in any state regardless of their laws because I'm a retired LEO unless they decide we're a threat too, who knows. At any rate I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals, you seem like a first rate group. I'll close with my motto: Shoot first, shoot straight, and hit what you're shooting at. If you can do these things, 6 rounds will be three times more than you need. Stay safe.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Brotherhood, we always love to get new members, especially well spoken members. Have you thought of being a spokesperson?? I am thinking you would make a great one. Anyway, welcome aboard.