WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by papabear »

Thanks for the reply, St. Louis, I spent 15 years near there across the river in Wood River,Ill worked in Granite City also across the river from St, Louis; and my brother still lives in West county off I-40. I finally retired and moved back home to KY back in '02, I really liked going to the Rams, Cardinals and Blues games. We have several folks here that have the Mosin Nagants rifles and a few of us have the Nagant revolvers.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

papabear wrote:Thanks for the reply, St. Louis, I spent 15 years near there across the river in Wood River,Ill worked in Granite City also across the river from St, Louis; and my brother still lives in West county off I-40. I finally retired and moved back home to KY back in '02, I really liked going to the Rams, Cardinals and Blues games. We have several folks here that have the Mosin Nagants rifles and a few of us have the Nagant revolvers.
I have mixed feelings about MO. I have good friends in Springfield but my MiL is in St. Louis. Plus I have to drive through IL to get to MO. <yuk>

I had the spike bayonet Nagant carbine (M44) and found it too painful to shoot (maybe I'm just girlie) and I was dreadfully inaccurate with what should be a tack driver so I gave it as a gift. I still have the M1895 Nagant revolver. It's the only pistol I've ever shot that has a worse DA trigger than the stock factory trigger on the P64.

A friend has invited me to go with him to Knob Creek the weekend following this coming.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

The trigger pull on DA is a bear but the Sa isnt bad on the 1895 plus just love how odd they....Boy you should go to Knob creek Papabear and I usually try to go together there.(best part of show) this year cant make... dont pass up the chance to go
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Hi everyone. I'm Aaron and I have recently become interested in the P64 as a carry weapon, thus I joined up to research them fairly heavily before making a purchase. Most likely, I'll lurk for a couple months before acquiring one of these interesting little weapons.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

redcap,

Welcome aboard, lurk all you want to, here you can have your questions answered.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Yo
New fellow here, though I have lurked for the last few years since buying a PA63
I thought it was a decent gun for the 100$ I paid for it, but the PA63 quality pales in comparison to the P64 I just picked up....especially the extractor, looks like they filed it out of a piece of scrap on the 63.

Anyhoo, I just love the Eastern Block surplus weapons and I just ordered some sweet Marshall grips for the pair.

I am on the prowl for a nice Makarov right now.

Is there a listing somewhere of all the firearms that chamber the 9X18, and what is the smallest one?

A side note, I was wondering if my PPK/S would handle the 9X18 if I had the chamber reamed and upped the poundage on the recoil spring. Has anyone done this? I know...why?, I was just wondering.

Johnny C
malot1

Post by malot1 »

Just saying hello. Just recieved my P-64 in the mail today and put about 30 rounds thru it. Very accurate,no problems with both HP and Ball ammo.Ordered some springs to help with trigger pull. Over all nice pistol for carrying when I ride.. I've got a few other surplus pistols, CZ 82, Nagant Revolver,Walther P-1 and a Yugo M 57,along with a commercial Walther PPK/S and a Colt 1911 in 38 Super.A lotta good information on this forum, I've learned a lot in a short time..Lookiing forward to learning more about this little gun.. Brian
No matter where you go.. There you are
CA357

Post by CA357 »

Hello. I'm new here and recently picked up a P64. Unfortunately, living in California rather than America, there is a ten day wait to pick it up.

I'm not new to guns, but this is my first P64. I've had two CZ82's and liked them fine, but the P64 is a slimmer pistol and I prefer slim pistols. My favorite pistol is still the 1911, followed by the Hi Power then everything else.

This is a great site and I look forward to spending some quality time here.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards." ... Claire Wolf
Bullsquid

Post by Bullsquid »

Hello all!! I am a newbie to the P-64! I just received 2 from AIM and the are in excellent condition! I chose the handpick for an extra $20. I have already ordered new springs from Wolf.

I have 3 cz 82`s and love them! I also have a number of other C&R pistols in my inventory. Can`t wait to see how the P-64 compares to the 82`s.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Bullsquid,
Welcome aboard, we glad to have another P-64 owner with us, might suggest you take some time to read some of the sticky's and threads that might pertain to your interest to get caught up a bit, also we love photo's, we have a thread that explains how to do that too, if you have any questions just ask away, we have plenty of help here what ever it may be.
soram

Post by soram »

Bullsquid wrote:Hello all!! I am a newbie to the P-64! [...] I have already ordered new springs from Wolf.
Welcome Aboard Bull! I have 4 of these awesome guns--tried the springs from Wolf, etc. But I prefer the FACTORY configuration.

My humble advice: use the factory springs that came with the gun (great "safety" in lieu of the actual one--hard to accidentally discharge with a ~28+- lb pull) Plus the "racked" trigger pull is only about 3lbs--nice and easy!

Just my humble opinion (HO).

Ross
thiescea

Post by thiescea »

hi from GA, impulse purchase this week. Haven't shot it yet. '74 with triangle hammer.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Welcome aboard..... :hi:
GA400

Post by GA400 »

Hi Everyone, new member here from Georgia. I just got my P-64 in last night from AIM. Thanks to everyone for the great threads and detailed information. Sitting down right now to give the gun her first clean and inspect.

Thanks

GA400
Rich
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

New member again. I had dfunk close my account because I could no longer post messages. I tried everything with no luck. I registered yesterday a a new member and can now post again. No idea what the problem was. The 9x18s are my favorite handguns.

1 P64
2 P83s
1 PA63
2 CZ82s
1 RK59
20 plus Makarovs