WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Maaso

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Maaso »

Yeah, I'm new...

I recently purchased a P64, well; put it on lay-away would be more like it. I've been on a "surplus" gun buying spree lately and came across this little gem here locally. The gun is in VERY good condition, I'm told it's unfired...but I find that hard to believe. Comes with three mags, a hard case, and a ratty looking holster filled with cleaning stuff.

So yeah, it made me join so I could use the search feature. And I figured since I joined I'd say hi.

Hi.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

maaso,

WELCOME ABOARD.....Image
Maaso

Post by Maaso »

Thank you, lot's of information here....it seems the lot of the good stuff is linked to another part of the forum(or possibly and older version of this forum) that isn't accessible for some reason.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Point me in the direction of the older links and I'll see what I can do.
seaplane

Post by seaplane »

Hello, I'm new to this board, But I have been around on other boards for years under the same username. I am in Upstate SC USA and just recently acquired a P-64. I have been reading up on this little powerhouse and have started to bond with it on a level that I don't experience with allot of other handguns that I have owned! I think the fact that I actually can hit the target and the conceal-ability of it has a lot to do with it. I am now waiting for the wolf springs to come in and also a Mika's pocket holster to make this my main EDC. I will need some advice and maybe some instructions for the firing pin spring change out, But the main spring and hammer spring look pretty straightforward thanks to the Tutorial I found on this site! Thanks for having me aboard and I look forward to learning more about my new little friend!
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Hi, I registered a couple of years ago on this board, when I purchased my first P64. I recently purchased another P64, and decided I will be carrying this one, so I figured I ought to start posting. As a veteran, I have always been interested in surplus firearms. I am now a machinist, so I appreciate finely machined surplus firearms, such as the P64. Thank you for providing such a great resource for our hobby!
Suchka

Post by Suchka »

Hello, and a big thank you to all those who have contributed to this forum. Though I am new here, I have spent much time reading through the threads which led me to recently purchase my first P-64. 8)
It is a 1971 and has already been taken completely apart, cleaned and treated to new Wolff springs as a number of you have suggested. I am looking forward to taking it to the range soon.
soram

Post by soram »

Welcome aboard, Suchka! As you know, this forum can't be beat. Happy Shooting!
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

My father and I recently purchased twin P-64's. J&G Sales had them, and since we're in Phoenix we just drove up to Prescott to check them out. My father had been looking for a concealed carry piece for a while, and I'd been trying to convince him to get a P-64 because it was small, inexpensive, reliable, and used the cheap and common 9x18 round. I already had a full-size Makarov, and didn't want a .380 in the house due to their ammo being nearly indistinguishable. After he looked it over, he quickly decided he couldn't justify spending twice as much on a new commercial gun. We bought them with the recoil and hammer spring kits and left happy.

We took them out to the range about a week ago, and were quite pleased with the results. The little guns proved comfortable to fire, and quite accurate. They also conceal a lot easier than my full-size Makarov. Can't beat that for under $200 out the door even with the spring kits. We both carry them in Don Hume Makarov holsters. No complaints about these little guns. They shoot great, carry great, and are just nice overall.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
565cab

Appreciation

Post by 565cab »

Thank you Norm Sutton! Your comments and advise are invaluable to me.

John King
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

I just ordered my first CZAK today and am looking forward to shooting it. Found this site recently and learned a lot from all the info here. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge. Hope I can contribute in the near future!

NRA Life Member

mikana

Post by mikana »

My name's Mike Bauman. I am self employed insurance salesman and I write articles and sell ads some for a little local paper. I was in the USAF and I was a cop for 14 years. I don't own a p64 yet, but intend to fix that next week.

That's me with the M44.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome guys!!
maluch

Post by maluch »

Just joined today, wow great site and very valuable info here. I got my p-64 last week from J&G sales and couldnt be happier. Its in great condition (except for the cosmoline) going out to the range next week, can't wait.
-Dirty-

Post by -Dirty- »

Hey new guy from CT here. Thanks all for the great advice. I really like this gun and the 9 x 18 round. I picked one up to go along with my CZ27 (my grandfather brought it to the USA with him) and finish my heritage collection. Its pretty much a stock '72, the only thing i did to it was spray Plasti-dip onto the grips and man what a difference it made. Good to be here.