WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome Chris, I'm sure you'll enjoy the company here!!
ndaugbjerg

Post by ndaugbjerg »

After a lot of struggling and help and patience from Chris, I finally got on the new board. I've been a member for a couple of months but have not posted. As I told Chris, my first weapon was a new 1949 Daisy. This site was mentioned on a CZ site so I checked it out. I think it is the best looking and most professional looking site I've seen. As a result, I purchased a P64 to replace my LCP for CC. My hands are large and the LCP just did not feel right. My CZ82 is probably my favorite shooter but a little too bulky to carry. I'm glad to be aboard and look forward to enjoying the site. Best to all of you.
Niels
steelhead

Post by steelhead »

I've been watching this site every since I got a p-shooter for Christmas ( I'm lucky to have a wife that gets me what I want for Christmas instead of a goofy tie), anyway I decided to join after seeing there is a lot of knowledge about the P-64. I live in Idaho ( lots of hunting and fishing and potatoes ) and try to fishing hole as much as possible. Thanks and I'm glad to be here :D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

ndaugbjerg & steelhead,

Welcome aboard guys, glad to have you both with us, we are a friendly bunch and welcome your comments, so feel free to jump in anytime, we do have some rules so please read em.

Papa
steelhead

Post by steelhead »

Hey papabear,

I'll be nice. I'm just an old fisherman that doesn't argue or cause trouble. There is enough of that in the world today but..........I do like to carry when fishing just in case. Nice forum here,put together nice :D
rpbayly

Post by rpbayly »

Hi all
I dont really reember how long since I signed up here but am pretty sure I didint say HOWDY before.

I just moved to the new site from the email notification and cant read the headers or footers. the background is black, the text is dark blue and I am almost blind.
can anyone tell me how to change the background or text colors?

TIA
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Is there any way you could take a screenshot of that for me? Mine is not that way, nor is it on any computer I've used to visit the site on.

Here's what mine looks like:
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (371.03 KiB) Viewed 8653 times
Arik

Post by Arik »

Hello from the Philadelphia Pa area

New here, found your site a few months ago when I saw a strange little Polish pistol for sale at a gun show. Never heard of it so I walked away from the table, pulled out my blackberry and googled "P64" this place was one of the first links to show up!! I did not buy it and since then had several opportunities to buy one but never did. Now there arnt anymore at the gun shows and I want one!!
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Another new P64 owner here. Been into firearms since I was 13. Bought a Makarov in 1995 and that was the start of my love affair with former Soviet Bloc surplus weapons.

I started looking for a CCW pistol and simply did not like what I saw. I feel that .380 and .32 should have at least a 3.5 inch barrel to wring as much velocity from them as possible. So scratch the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec p32, and others.
Then I stumbled across the P64. The barrel is slightly less than 3.5 inches, but the 9x18 cartridge is a little hotter than .380 and makes up for it IMO.

Had I known about this site sooner I probably have bought one years ago.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Welcome foo, glad to have you and your arbitrary variable values.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Arbitarary? You wound me, sir. :lol:
I can 'splain my values, but that is for another thread. Thank you for the welcome

:hi:
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

variables are always foo, and foo is almost always an arbitrary value.
Now where's that nerd smiley to insert...

Anyway, welcome!
:mrgreen:
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

Hi all,
I'm in the Scottsdale AZ area but grew up in Philadelphia PA. Bought my 1st gun late in 2007 and have been making up for lost time ever since. I have several Mosins, a couple SKS's, and several surplus handguns. I learned about this site a week and a half ago while looking up info on the CZ82 and bought my P64 last Saturday as a result. Great sight!! I hope I'll be able to contribute.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

camekanix,

A BIG old Image from old Kentuck to ya, welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us.
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

Glad to be here, looks like a pretty good group!!!
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.