silencer?

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

silencer?

Post by fritzhund »

I would think that the package would include a Walther PPK in .22lr, or maybe, and I mean maybe, a .32

I, personally, would not "screw around with" a P-64 in that manner of modification. Really.

Back yard banging should be left to the Red Ryder if noise is a problem. Work related silencers should be used according to your work. Don't get me wrong. I think silencers are cool, but c'mon, a silenced P-64?

>:(

Fritz
Last edited by fritzhund on January 2nd, 2009, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

silencer?

Post by trent »

I have a decent sized bit of land (a couple forested acres with a large hill ) behind my house but local ordinances dictate to shoot even 22's I need at least 23 acres and be at least 1000 feet from a roadway and 1000 feet from any house or similar structure. so a silencer is pretty much a must have to keep prying ears away.

I just hate to spend 10 bucks at the range to shoot 22's when it can safely be done in the back yard.

believe where Fritz is coming from is more related to suburban neighborhoods, which I can agree is probably best suited to bb/pellets.

also the way I look at it is, and I mean no disrespect to Fritz, if you want to spend your money and time on something such as modifying and silencing a p64, then go for it (as long as it's done legally/ safely).
dwd

silencer?

Post by dwd »

I wonder if it is illegal to own/possess a silencer or use a silencer?(there's a difference) I was thinking of building a silencer then only connecting before I was going to use it and disconnect it after I was done. I would only use it back behind my house where nobody else is supposed to be.
Is it a felony for using a silencer where it is illegal? I might be able to get out of a misdemeanor the first time.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

silencer?

Post by dfunk »

I think you need some ATF forms submitted to build a silencer for yourself. I'd look into it before turning anything.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/index.htm
james832

silencer?

Post by james832 »

I would advise against a siliencer until you have researched all the laws. It appears to me that a lot of the government agencies seem to think that there job to disarm the general public. If you are not careful you will lose your right to own any firearm. About the only experienc I have with silencers is automotive mufflers and assume that they work on the same principal, and my glass packs were not that quite. I do think silencers should be more readily availably, as they are in England, this would help with noise complaints at firing ranges.
lcberlin

silencer?

Post by lcberlin »

OWNING a silencer has never ever been illegal. Only thing it takes is permission from the state you live in, and a $200 tax stamp paid to the BATFE.

Yes, you can make your own, but you better have that tax stamp form paid and signed BEFORE you even start.

Find out if your state allows you to have one, then follow the link to the ATF for the forms.
trace

silencer?

Post by trace »

I believe that Icberlin is right in general. Owning a silencer and maybe fireing one in target use can be acheived with all the right federal sign offs. They (the goverment) want to know what you are up to. Common sense and hunting regulations should tell you that you can't use silencers in huntig/killing animals, right? If you have a rident/animal problem and your space is too close to anything on the list that prevents the use of firearms, you'd better use other means to kill them (not claymors)!! I like the Red Rider idea but my Grandson isn't old enough to have one yet. Maybe a soft air you could pummel them with? They make a nice AK style soft air that spits out auto @ 500+ fps that I'd like to use on the moles in my back yard this summer!
sapo

silencer?

Post by sapo »

<table width="690" border="0"><tr><td width="350" valign="top"><object width="350" height="287">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_VoO_ChrTA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_VoO_ChrTA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="350" height="287"></embed>
</object>
</td><td valign="top"><script type="text/javascript">
GA_googleFillSlot("336x280_ROS");
</script></td></tr></table>

You can stick a silencer on a revolver, the Nagant because the cylinder moved forward to shut off the escape of gases.....but is not practical. I have a suppressed S&W 422 that all you can hear is the hammer and bullets hitting the target.......

And this Glock.
dwd

silencer?

Post by dwd »

Sometimes I think that the fact that you can't have it just makes you want it more. Silencers are illegal in Missouri, period, and that's where I live. But that doesn't keep me from wanting one. I have a son that is infatuated with James Bond and silencers in general so he is always asking me questions about them. I think they would be fun to have even if you can't use it for much.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
big54r

silencer?

Post by big54r »

I was with a weps dealer that I do business with and she has alot of toy's that she bring's out periodically, lo and behold she brought out a suppressed 10/22 that was awesome and very quiet.

The suppressor was great but I was more into the Hogue overmolded rubber stock for the rifle! :o