So what else are people shooting?

Info, pictures, advice...
rogue

Post by rogue »

I enjoy .45Colts, .45ACP .454, generally anything 45. I also shoot lots of .38 and .357. I collect Smith & Wesson revolvers. And I shoot a wide assortment of rifles.
Rogue
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

I have many other handguns besides my P-64s (love my 1911s), but the absolute funnest thing to shoot is my .500 Linebaugh... Needless to say, I'm not bothered by recoil very much... ;D ;D ;D
erehwesle

Post by erehwesle »

Wow, .500 Linebaugh, you're welcome to come out shooting with me anytime, just please don't set up next to me on the range.... ;)
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Yeah, still remember the first time I went to shoot it, I had forgot my hearing protection... Having fired my .44 Magnum several times without it, I didn't think it'd be a big deal... My gunsmith, who I bought it off of (it's an actual John Linebaugh-built Ruger Bisley) looks at me, and says, "I wouldn't"... ;) ;) ;) That was enough for me to borrow a set of earmuffs off a buddy... Kinda glad I did, too, lol... ;D ;D ;D
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

.40 from a Glock 27 or 23.
Also have a .38.
.22, 7.62 x 39, 30-06.
koam

Post by koam »

Either 9mm out of a HK USP or a couple Browning Hi Powers or 45 out of my Colts. If I have plenty of time and am just doing it for fun, .38 Super.
sandollor

Post by sandollor »

Have:
Polish P-64 - Mak 9x18
Ruger sp101 - .22cal
Mosin Nagant M44 - 7.62x54r
Mosin Nagant 91/30 - 7.62x54r
Mossberg 500 -12G

Want:
German or Bulgarian Makarov
Ruger p345
Browning A-bolt comp. stalker w/boss - 308 or 30-06
valkyrie0002

Post by valkyrie0002 »

I shoot .22 on an indoor pistol league. I also shoot .357, .44mag and .45acp.
Do a bit of rifle shooting in the summer. I have a C&R. Garands, K31s, No4Mk1s, Various Mausers, Mosins, Steyr M95s.
Fals, AKs, ARs
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

In my vote, I voted for the .45 ACP. I do like to shoot the old 1911A1 pistol. I think part of this is having one in the Army and having a weapon that was dependable. But after getting the P-64, this pistol climbed right near the top for me. It is a fun pistol to shoot!

There is one round listed above that has no votes and it is the .44 Special. I don't know if any of you have this caliber, but I have a Taurus 5" barrel revolver that has the best trigger pull I have felt on a revolver. The mild recoil of the .44 Special makes it a great shooter. This is the pistol I keep by the bed with +P rounds and my wife has a .38 Special on her side.

But when I want to releive tension and just shoot, I have a K98k Mauser that is absolutely dead on at 200 m with Ecuadorian surplus ammo. I am a much better rifle shooter than pistol and going to the range for several hours with this rifle is soooooo relaxing!

When you guys go shooting, either pistol or rifle, do you have a difficult time making up your minds which firearms to take? I do, so if there are other guys going, I usually ask then what they want me to bring to "play with", LOL
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

When you guys go shooting, either pistol or rifle, do you have a difficult time making up your minds which firearms to take? I do, so if there are other guys going, I usually ask then what they want me to bring to "play with", LOL
abwehr,
I know the feeling... At 50+ firearms, it becomes a bit difficult to decide what to take out for the day... Your choice in the Mauser is very similar to my generic choice for a shooting day (I have 2 Yugo M48s, one of which is my truck gun that's ALWAYS with me)... Usually I end up doing requests for my buddies as well... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

Got the full line of true "Makarovs"., incl CO2. Full line of Colt .45s. Assorted Cot & S &W .38 cal revs. p64s ,CZ52... Long Barrel: AR15 , Garand, US Carbine, SKS, Like 'em all. spend too much on ammo !! Also a few shbotguns. Recently into flare pistols that have appeared on the market. Been collecting bayonets for 50 years, ever since I kept mine from Korea ! ! and I almost forgot two old Daisey BB guns... Love "em all.
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Did I read you found a Co2 makarov? Where?
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

mikethewreck: correcto - bought one from outfit in KY. @ $99.00 (no ffl req).. can't think of name this early AM, and the other on "gunbroker" auction @ $129.00. Made on lg frame origional MAK frame. Looks just like/feels just like real thing. fires std BBs and uses crossman CO2 carts. Got them for fun, use to target in garage. (No pistol range is near) Cute as a bugs ear. Wish I had a camera here to send pix. Check out auctions/Makarov/Co2 once in a whiile, they turn up from time to time. Also contact <<<Makarov.com>>> .
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

mikethewreck: for info on MAK co@ go to search engine/ "MP654K"
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Are these the Russian Baikal CO2 Maks or the Arsenal of Bulgaria manufactured ones???

-Mark