Veteran member

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by grayfox »

Great buy! The guys are right. I carry mine daily & they are habit forming. ;D
accurate too :D
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

All the P-64's I've seen have 9x18 Makarov on the side and the import markings under the barrel in front of the trigger guard. Yours is much rarer at least around here.
Does it have any significance? I had never really thought about it. Does it mean anything special? Maybe Norm could help on this question.

The import markings on the side of the frame I don't think are that rare. I think that's just the place that PW Arms decided to put it. I've seen others with import markings there.
Last edited by olympus on December 12th, 2008, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by duggi60 »

Congrags - sweet looking P64
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Thanks everyone. I said I got a Don Hume for it at a gun show and it fits like a glove. It was a little tight so I thought I'd wear it and let the body heat kind of soften the leather so it will form better. I was supposed to keep my little pistol wrapped under the tree until Christmas, but I convinced the boss to let me get it out and wear it "to break in the holster". I left out the part that I just wanted to see what it was like to carry. I put it on at 12:30 and wore it until 3:00 then put it on at 5:00 and wore it until 8:30 while we went to the mall finishing our Christmas shopping. I'm so impressed with this little thing. I could hardly notice that I was wearing anything at all. I'm so used to carrying double stacked .40s and my 1911 that I expected my pants to start sagging off my hip. But it was extremely comfortable! I think I could get used to this.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Olympus, the little guy looks a little lonely, like it needs a baby brother, be careful, those little fellows have a way of multiplying!
Congratulations on your purchase, it's a beauty.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on December 15th, 2008, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breilley

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by breilley »

Congrats, Olympus. I too am very pleased with my J&G P-64.

Also just noticed you're in MO... how's things this time of year? My wife and I plan on moving out there sometime in the next few years :)
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

I've lived in MO my whole life. It just depends on which part of the state you're looking to move to. Overall, Missouri is a great state. KC area weather is like night and day compared to the rest of the state for some reason. This week we've been getting snow. The high yesterday was 12 and it was 3 when I was driving to work at 7:30. I've lived the majority of my life in southeast Missouri in a town of about 350 people. My family has a large row crop operation which is about what everyone does in that part of the country. Southeast, central, and southwest Missouri are really great areas. Small town values with very very nice people. I've spent some time in the St. Louis area and I think it's a dump. It's one of the dirtiest, nastiest, and most difficult cities to get around in that I've ever seen. Don't want to offend anyone that lives in the area and I'm sure there are good areas, but you couldn't pay me to live in that city. I just recently moved to Kansas City and I've been here for 7 months now. I was hesitant to come to another big city after what I've seen of STL. But KC is like night and day compared to STL. It's much easier to get around it, traffic isn't even comparable to STL, it's much much cleaner, the people are a lot nicer, and in my opinion it's a lot prettier. If you're more of a large city person here are some of the nicer cities to live in. KC, Columbia, Springfield, Jefferson City, and Cape Girardeau. But if you like small town living, there's so many great little towns that I couldn't possibly name them all. I'm partial to the southeast though. I'd be happy to give you any help I can if you decide to make the move.
Last edited by olympus on December 17th, 2008, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
breilley

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by breilley »

We(just my wife and I for now) have bought some land west of Warsaw just to go camping on, maybe for an investment if the market finds its way back right-side-up. We haven't been able to get out there yet to see it, though.

Having spent all of my adult life here in Phoenix(and having seen the city change over the last twenty years) I can pretty confidently say that I am ready for cooler weather and a slower pace in a smaller town. We've yet to drive 'round the country to check things out, but semi-rural MO seems so far to be closest to what we want - mainly land, privacy and beautiful surroundings.

Anyway, thanks again and do enjoy your new pistol! I certainly do love mine :)

- Ben
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

That sounds like Truman Lake area, right? If so, that's beautiful country around there. I really like Truman Lake too, it's a very pretty place. I don't know if you're a hunter, but from what I here, there's good whitetail hunting around there. I can't say that I've been to Warsaw, at least stopped. I may have driven through at some point. But I think you'll like the weather up here. You'll be far enough north that you'll get some cooler temps in the winter and decently mild summers (at least compared to what I'd imagine Phoenix being).
breilley

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by breilley »

Yes, our land is actually about 1/4mi away from Truman Lake. It's in an area called Bent Tree Harbor, to the southeast of Warsaw. I'm no hunter and probably won't ever be, but I'd sure like to fish out there. Can't wait to make the drive and see what's in store :)
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Well I'm sure you will enjoy the area.

And if you ever need some thinning out of deer on your place, don't hesistate to holler at me! ;D