It's Here, It's Here!

Info, pictures, advice...
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

I just got my P-64 in yesterday that I ordered from J&G Sales. This might be one of the sharpest looking pistols I've ever seen! I'm positive it's never been issued and I'd stake a good amount of money that it's never been fired either. It looks like it just left the factory back in 1976. It has a very rich and shiny bluing on it. I took some pictures of it last night but the flash kept making everything have a bad glare. I'll try to take some more pictures tonight and get them posted. I'm so happy that I didn't buy the one from the local gun shop for $220. It was $181 and some change shipped and taxed from J&G and I had to pay $15 for the FFL fee so it ended up being $196 and some change. I can't wait to take this little baby out and shoot it! I'm super excited...
torpeau

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by torpeau »

olympus wrote: I can't wait to take this little baby out and shoot it! I'm super excited...
Congratulations! You have yourself a very fine pistol.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
davebaird

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by davebaird »

Hey, congratulations!!! You won't be disappointed! Let us know how it shoots.

Dave ;)
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

I'm going to try to get some better pictures tonight. I'll try using a different background and maybe it won't glare so bad. I keep thinking about the dang thing all day. I don't know if I'm just really weird, but whenever I buy a new pistol I just like to hold it ALL the time for the first few weeks. I like to sit in my recliner at home and just have it in my hand. Is that weird? But what got me talking about this was that I've been thinking I just want to hold it right now. I don't think it would go over very well here at work if I was holding a pistol at my desk!
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Here are the pics...!!!

redfestiva

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by redfestiva »

It looks like a dandy olympus!
I like those markings on it too, no meantion of "Makarov". They shoot good and true. I carry mine daily.
davebaird

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by davebaird »

:D VERY nice! Did it come with one mag or two and were either numbered? Since it is a later model and even has the flat grips, all you'll need is a new recoil and hammer spring if you desire. Great catch!!!!!

Dave ;D
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by normsutton »

olympus

love the pix
please only put pix no larger than (Large ( 640 x 480 )
set imaqge to this default
My image max size defaults to: Large ( 640 x 480 )

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Sorry Norm...didn't know I needed to shrink the pics. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

I noticed it doesn't mention anything about "Makarov". I don't know enough about the P-64s yet to know what, if anything, that means.

It only came with one mag and one cleaning rod. The mag is numbered but I didn't bother to notice what the number was. Since it's technically my Christmas present, I was only allowed to inspect it and take pictures of it. It's wrapped up under the tree now.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by papabear »

olympus,

Congrats on getting your P-64 CZAK, "WARNING" they are habit forming, in my case I got 5 before I got help, now down to two, but I love em both and one or the other don't get to far away. I'm happy for you and as you should know by now, Norm is here to help with and changes or problems, you can't go wrong either way.

'76 & '69 both with Zee grips

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
blacktop

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by blacktop »

Congrats! You are going to have a ball with that gun! Enjoy!
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Thanks fellas! I sad that I had to wrap it up and put it under the tree until Christmas now. You can bet that as soon as Christmas is here, I'm going to take it to the range. I've already started working on a set of walnut grips for it. I had a spare piece laying around and cut it into a black last night. I think it might be tricking with the way it fits. It's going to take a while I think to get it fitted right.
torpeau

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by torpeau »

olympus wrote:I've already started working on a set of walnut grips for it. I had a spare piece laying around and cut it into a black last night. I think it might be tricking with the way it fits. It's going to take a while I think to get it fitted right.
Making grips is liable to be a major challenge. Denis, in Hungary, has probably made more wood P-64 grips than anyone else and he had to revise his several times before they could withstand the recoil of the P-64. His earliest grips tended to break after a few rounds.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
olympus

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by olympus »

Well these are some pretty tough walnut. I've tried a pair on my 1911 and they held up just fine on it. I'll get it roughly fitted and put them on and shoot a hundred rounds or so and see how they hold up. If they break then at least I won't have put in all that sanding time. I've also got some spalted hackberry that I'm working on now for my 1911 and it's really tough so I'm sure it would work on the P-64. But I just don't have enough time in a day to do all things I want to do.
redfestiva

It's Here, It's Here!

Post by redfestiva »

olympus wrote:

I noticed it doesn't mention anything about "Makarov". I don't know enough about the P-64s yet to know what, if anything, that means.
All the P-64's I've seen have 9x18 Makarov on the side and the import markings under the barrel in front of the trigger guard. Yours is much rarer at least around here.
Last edited by redfestiva on December 12th, 2008, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.