Best Source for Makarov Ammo?

Info, pictures, advice...
olympus

Post by olympus »

I thought maybe everyone could share what they use and where they buy it. I'm a big fan of bulk ammo. I use Wolf ammo in my .45 and my .223 rifle. Sure it's dirty and nasty and I have to clean it really well, but for just plain fun range plinking, it's the way to go. But now that I'm getting this P-64, I thought I would see where the best deals on ammo are. I plan on using the pistol as my carry weapon so let me know what the best ammo to use for self defense would be too. But more importantly, what the cheapest stuff to stock up on for the trips to the range and where do I find it?
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

olympus wrote:I thought maybe everyone could share what they use and where they buy it. I'm a big fan of bulk ammo. I use Wolf ammo in my .45 and my .223 rifle. Sure it's dirty and nasty and I have to clean it really well, but for just plain fun range plinking, it's the way to go. But now that I'm getting this P-64, I thought I would see where the best deals on ammo are. I plan on using the pistol as my carry weapon so let me know what the best ammo to use for self defense would be too. But more importantly, what the cheapest stuff to stock up on for the trips to the range and where do I find it?
Using this http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9x18%20(Makarov) it looks like 19¢ a round is about the best.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

if you're looking for quantity, Wideners has a 1440 rd can of Barnaul FMJ for $310

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 522&dir=18|829|836
oppy

Post by oppy »

AIM, when they have it, seems to be very competitive. My last order for 1000, was $200 including shipping.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
shinerjohn

Post by shinerjohn »

The least expensive, reliable 9x18mm ammo I have found is at ammunitiontogo.com. Silver Bear FMJ and Brown Bear FMJ are $8.95 for a box of 50. I like it better than Wolf. The primers in the "Bears" doesn't seem to be quite as hard.
crzbiker

Post by crzbiker »

shinerjohn wrote:The least expensive, reliable 9x18mm ammo I have found is at ammunitiontogo.com. Silver Bear FMJ and Brown Bear FMJ are $8.95 for a box of 50. I like it better than Wolf. The primers in the "Bears" doesn't seem to be quite as hard.
+1 I've found great prices and quick shipping from www.ammunitiontogo.com. Look for the bulk stuff!!!
Instigator/Conservative Underground
olympus

Post by olympus »

Well I've done some research and it looks like ammunitiontogo seems to be the cheapest place. I think I'm going to place an order now.
japanesegunguy

Post by japanesegunguy »

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security