P64 spring choice

Info, pictures, advice...
oppy

P64 spring choice

Post by oppy »

I purchased the 3 pack trigger spring from Wolf and a 20# recoil. Honestly, I did not feel any difference with the 20lb recoil.

Now, the DA trigger is shocking, however you can either avoid DA or obviously use DA only on first shot. That is where I am, as I found the SA pull to be very nice and am not sure I want a lighter my SA just to avoid an occasional hard pull.

As this is hardly a range gun, I may leave it as-is until my trigger finger and hand get tired of the beating... :-/
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P64 spring choice

Post by normsutton »

Oppy

if you have any kid's the strong DA pull is a good safety, just shoot it SA, all though when I change the springs in mine the SA stayed the same

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
olympus

P64 spring choice

Post by olympus »

I just made my spring purchase from Wolff. I went with the 22 lb recoil and the 19 lb hammer spring. Hopefully I won't have any trouble with the 22 lb recoil spring. I'll let everyone know when I get them install and get a chance to use them.
breilley

P64 spring choice

Post by breilley »

I have not yet replaced the recoil spring, but I did purchase the three-spring pack from Wolff. I installed the 18# mainspring and found it to greatly improve trigger pull, but I did have the magazine drop a few times of its own will. I installed the 19# spring in its place and went through eight full magazines without the problem showing up, so I am satisfied. I will eventually replace the recoil spring, but at this time I have no problem controlling the pistol; it'll be strictly a comfort thing.