My New Range Report

Info, pictures, advice...
oppy

My New Range Report

Post by oppy »

After having my P64 for two weeks, I finally got it out to the range. Two things to get out of the way...DA pull is as bad as all have said and the recoil is pretty brutal. The webbing between my thumb and forefinger is actually swollen after 200 rounds.

I had no FTFs, no jams etc. My first two magazine groupings were quite good for me (area less than 2"x2" at about 7 yards). Toward the end, I think I was anticipating some discomfort and my groupings suffered accordingly.

For a holster, I was using a IWB I purchased from Dickfunk earlier this week. I was wearing my P64 from 7:00 - 1:00 and hardly knew I had it on me (more in the appropriate forum).

The P64 sites are small (as we all know) but even after painting my front blade fluorescent white, it was still hard to pick up in the dull range lighting.

The SA trigger pull is rather long but smooth and relatively light. If replacing the main spring to reduce the DA pull causes a lighter SA pull, I may pass.

Midway through I changed the recoil spring to a 20# and felt no real difference in kick. Perhaps I should try a different recoil spring?

The only add on for me may be a Hogue handall jr (or equivalent) to lesson the shock to my hand. Any input?

Overall, a real impressive shooter but definitely not a range gun. I actually shot my CZ82 to give my hand a rest. A couple magazines a month to keep proficient should do just fine.

This gun performs quite well for its given function (CCW) and is well worth the current price IMO.
Last edited by oppy on November 30th, 2008, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.