Drying up

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

Drying up

Post by fritzhund »

:'(

I just got an email from Paul at MCS Firearms. They are officially out of P-64's with no more in sight. It's a real shame. His were about as perfect as they come. They all looked new. He dosen't know if any more will be imported either.

I checked with TN Guns as well. They have nothing left either. The ones that they did have were all shipped out to their dealers. They suggested that I contact Lew Horton. I tried that and he is all out as well.

It looks like the only nice ones are available at J&G. I don't like the fact that they charge you for the additional magazine that came with the gun when they got it. I also don't really care for the PW Arms billboard import mark on the ones they have.

I would like to pick up just one more though..........

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
swd

Drying up

Post by swd »

Fritzhund

Just got my P-64 from J&G. I paid for the extra mag as well. The PW Arms stamping is actually pretty good and in my opinion blended in well with the orginal stamping. I got a 1976 model and was pleased at the overall condition. If they are now drying up, then its your call as to whether you want to pay now or Pay more later. I also have a CZ-83 in 9x18 as well as a PA-63. Except for a Mil Surplus Makarov, I am now complete in my 9x18 pistol.
fritzhund

Drying up

Post by fritzhund »

Sad to say, but you are right swd!

I might as well bite the bullet and just get it done now. I was concered about the PW markings, but you are not the first to tell me that they look ok. I'm just used to the TN Guns markings almost out of sight under the barrel. Oh, well. What can you do?

I think I'll order one more after Christmas, if there are any left.

???

Fritzhund
swd

Drying up

Post by swd »

Fritzhund

Doing some surfing and there are a few P-64's and PA-63's around. Empire Arms has both of them. I attended a gun show last weekend and a dealer there wanted $250.00 for a 1964 P-64 in good condition. That was hard to chew on. But not so much as another dealer who wanted $195.00 for a PA-63 in less than good condition. Center Fire Arms shows the PA-63, but says that its out of stock and NO MORE WILL BE ORDERED. J&G and AIM does not show the PA-63 on their site. So get'em while you can.

Shoot Straight and Double Tap
SWD
spiralarchitect

Drying up

Post by spiralarchitect »

I'm waiting for my P64 from J&G, I guess they're backed up for about 2 weeks.
steve98664

Drying up

Post by steve98664 »

We will have to wait for the P-83s.
olympus

Drying up

Post by olympus »

spiralarchitect wrote:I'm waiting for my P64 from J&G, I guess they're backed up for about 2 weeks.
Are you having to wait on them to ship it or do they not have any in stock right now?
cerates

Drying up

Post by cerates »

This bums me out. I was waiting til I had some extra money then get a P64 as my first handgun. Bummer, hope more are imported.
michaelap

Drying up

Post by michaelap »

it's not that bad they are around look at keepshooting.com

In Stock for immediate delivery! (Pistols must be shipped through Overnight Service and we only charge $20.00 for shipping)

Product Details :
The Polish P-64 Makarov pistol is chambered in 9x18Makarov and is a blowback operated, semi-automatic weapon. Each P64 is in excellent condition showing little to no wear from holsters or live fire. Each gun comes with two 6rd magazines and a manual. If you are a collector of Eastern European service pistols, you need one of these for your collection! P64 Handgun is NOT C&R Eligible.

Features Included:
›› This Polish Makarov Pistol comes with Two 6rd original military magazines.

>> To purchase a firearm, you need a Federal Firearm License. If you do not have a FFL, you need to find a Gun Dealer in your area to "transfer" the gun for you, or you can simply get a copy of How To Obtain FFL Manual and learn how to get a FFL on your own. If you have trouble finding a FFL dealer, please contact us and we may be able to assist you.
michaelap

Drying up

Post by michaelap »

Impact guns have them, Empire arms has them listed $175,
michaelap

Drying up

Post by michaelap »

I hope this helps
fritzhund

Drying up

Post by fritzhund »

???

Thanks michaelap, but........

Impact is out of stock and accepting orders.......

It looks like Empire Arms has one........

Wow, I never thought I would see the P-64 disappear this fast!

Thanks for looking around guys!

IU'll probably order at least one from J&G after I see what the cash flow is after Christmas.

Fritzhund
olympus

Drying up

Post by olympus »

J&G has a large stock of them supposedly. You just have to wait on their backed up shipping. Mine was $181 and some change which included tax and shipping.
spiralarchitect

Drying up

Post by spiralarchitect »

They're just backed up right now. My order is listed as "shipped" though which means it should arrive within a day or two.

BTW, where's the best deals on grips? I know a guy that does engraving so I was thinking about getting some dark walnut one's and having him engrave a Polish Eagle in em.
Last edited by spiralarchitect on December 4th, 2008, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
olympus

Drying up

Post by olympus »

They're just backed up right now. My order is listed as "shipped" though which means it should arrive within a day or two.
That's what the status on my order says as well. As for grips, I'm currently working on a set of spalted hackberry grips for my 1911. But when I get a new scroll saw and when I get my P-64 in, I can use them as a pattern so I'll start making some grips too. When I get done with my 1911 grips, I'll post some pictures of them.