Polish Ball ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
davebaird

Polish Ball ammo

Post by davebaird »

I have a few boxes of what I was told is Polish ball ammo from a few years ago. It is in clear/yellowed 50 round hard plastic boxes. I am at work now and don't remember the markings. ??? It worked well in my other 9x18's.

Does anyone have any experience with this ammo in the P-64?

(If no one knows what I have, I will post any markings on the boxes once I get home tonight.)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Dave
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Polish Ball ammo

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Dave, send photo's, some one here will know what it is.
G.R.
davebaird

Polish Ball ammo

Post by davebaird »

Thank you, GR. ;) Someone wrote me and said they were Mesko, sold to Germany then sold to US. He believed they were commercial since the writing on the boxes were in German. Military surplus would be in Polish. They work well in my Makarov and the CZ82 I sold. Hopefully, they will be alright in the P-64. There is no grain weight listed, just a 6 gram measurement, ??? that's why I am a little concerned about using it in this smaller pistol. I'll see what happens today.

Dave
donnerwetter58

Polish Ball ammo

Post by donnerwetter58 »

6 grams translates to 92 grains.
You should be in there.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Polish Ball ammo

Post by anjdrifter »

this is some nice Mesko my good friend Papabear gave me awhile ago.. it is primo stuff and it is fine for the p64 is this like yours
Last edited by anjdrifter on November 27th, 2008, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davebaird

Polish Ball ammo

Post by davebaird »

Thank you, DW58! I feel better now. ;D I just got back from the range and will post separately the results. I was going to suggest not using the Mesko because I noticed a major increase in power and recoil using Mesko over Silver Bear 94gr. HP. :o I wrongly assumed the Mesko was a higher load than the max of 95gr. and only used 2 mags of it. When I go back next time, I won't hesitate to use it again! Thank you very much, sir.

Dave

TY too, AD!!! ;) YEP, that's the box!!!! :-*
Last edited by davebaird on November 27th, 2008, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve98664

Polish Ball ammo

Post by steve98664 »

Mesko is great stuff. It feeds well. Mine is copper clad if that is a good description. Anyhow, AIM was selling it about a year or 2 ago. The boxes are neat, but broke easily if shipped which bothered some. I shot up all my broken boxes and kept a bunch of the yellow boxed ammo. It has a stout feel to it. I never got a good answer on whether it was commercial or what. It looks commercial. Someone wrote on this board or another I visit that it was made for the east german police and their Maks.