BEWARE OF FRAUD P-83 (and others?)

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

:(

There is a fraud around some of the gun discussion boards.

I was offered a "deal" on a previously auctioned P-83 that some people "could not refuse". The deal consisted of a Polish P-83 that sold at auction at Auction Arms in excess of $330.00. I received an email with an offer to purchase this gun, get this, for "Name your price, I have to sell it quick because I need the money and the original buyer was a deadbeat and will not pay".

It gets better. The "seller" was willing to accept my C&R (gun not on the list), and ship it for free!

I played ball for a bit. I offered him $200.00, and he agreed! SHIPPED TO MY DOOR WITH NO FFL NEEDED MIND YOU!

I looked at the original auction on Auction Arms. Both the buyer and the seller left terrific feedback for one another!

I contacted both, as well as Bob at Auction Arms. This has been documented at Auction Arms, and will be noted on this discussion board, with the permissions of the Moderators, I'm sure. Bob thinks that this person is watching the boards and feeding off of them. This particular gun was discussed at length on this forum under "P-83 at Auction Arms".

Thanks to Bob and Auction Arms for having a good website police force. Keep up the good work. I did bid on this gun, but lost. It got too rich for my blood.

THE PERSON YOU NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR IS:

ADRIAN MARTIN
ademartin214@yahoo.com

THIS PERSON IS A CON

Please be aware of what you are buying, whom you are buying it from, and your local laws. Not to mention that especially at this time of the year, in this economy, all of the thieves are looking to make a buck!

If anyone would like to discuss this further please feel free to PM me. I am actually thinking about contacting the BATFE with this assholes IP address (please forgive the language but I am not a happy guy about this infiltration of our home as a group).

Any questions, please ask.

Fritzhund

;)
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
swd

Post by swd »

Interesting!

I was not aware that the P-83 was even available for sale in the US as it is the current service pistol of Polish police and military. Does the Arms Factory in Poland that makes the P-83 produce an export verison of this pistol? I look forward to the day when it is available.

Shoot Straight and double tap.
oppy

Post by oppy »

Fritzhund

Thanks for the heads up to the rest of us. Purchasing from unknown individuals is always iffy for me to begin with. Policing our favorite sites will keep it safe for all of us.

Thank you.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

Thanks for the heads up.
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

To answer swd post - the P 83 has not been manufactured since the late 1990s. Although it is still in the police and some military warehouses, it is slowly being replaced by Walther P99 made at the Radom plant (for the police), Glock (also for the police) and WIST made in Lodz (for the military).
The pistol itself would qualify for importation by ATF because it gathers required number of points on their criteria list. First batch of specially made pistols (I think about one or two hundred) was imported by Dalwar of Texas in the 1990s. They had a Polish eagle on the slide and were finished in high gloss blue. I saw some being imported by other importers.
I would guess that more will be available if anyone wants to import them since they will eventually be removed from service in Poland and replaced by other more modern firearms.
Any kind of illegal gun trade, even if only suspected should be reported to ATF.
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

Sounds like a scam.

I was almost scammed when buying my P-83. The dealer shipped me a nice P-64. He claimed to be a small time internet dealer clearing out his last inventory. He did have an odd website, which is how I found the deal. I already had a P-64 and the price I paid for the P-83 was a lot more than the 140 or so that P-64's were going for at the time.

My FFL was good about it and got on the guys butt even though I found the dealer/deal/etc.

It was really my fault for dealing with a not too honest FFL/seller. Maybe he was just incompetent.

Anyhow, the guy did have a P-83 which he shipped us! It was as described and he said it was an accident. I was actually surprised because everything seemed like a scam to me up until we received the P-83.

The odd thing about it all was that he wouldn't give us his FFL info and really didn't go for my FFL guy's info either. He just shipped both pistols without proper info or anything. He didn't seem to care about those requirements. I bothered him until he gave me his FFL information for my FFL guy's log. However, we had the pistol in our possession the whole time. I made sure he received my FFL guy's information by email as well.

My FFL guy sent a copy of his FFL and requested a copy of the sellers FFL which I believe he finally got, but I think it was with the P-83 shipped, not the P-64. I know it was all settled because I was told by my FFL he had to run things past the local Sheriff's office prior to releasing the pistol to me. He is a by the book guy.

Your guy is probably a scammer, but sloppiness or negligence with FFL matters can happen too, apparently.
Last edited by steve98664 on November 28th, 2008, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.