Thank you all!!

Info, pictures, advice...
davebaird

Thank you all!!

Post by davebaird »

;D I found this very helpful forum while scanning the Surplus Firearm Forum and have read numerous postings, all of which have assisted me in purchasing a pretty decent and in-expensively priced P-64 with 2 matching mags! Thank you all so very much! I even found Derek through this forum who sells the orignal holsters and cleaning rods. So, for under $240 I have all the above, shipping and registration.......how can a person beat that these days? I will try to post pics from the auction site but have not yet attempted pics on this forum. Go to MCS Firearms to see pics of the few he has left. Unfortunately, the P-64 is the earlier style with rounded hammer, but I will plan on replacing the trigger spring with a newer version.....so there you go!

I do have two questions. Number one, I plan to cut 2 coils off the hammer spring.......is there a second spring I'll need to modify to correct the heavy DA pull? Number two, Derek suggested using 92/94 grain bullets, nothing more. I believe my Polish surplus ammo is 95?? Is that going to cause a problem?

Dave
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Thank you all!!

Post by normsutton »

Dave
WELCOME

don't cut hammer spring , you might have problem keeping the mag up, go here and get hammer springs
http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/PolishNF.html
and don't go below a 18#

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on November 16th, 2008, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Thank you all!!

Post by blinddog »

Welcome Dave, Listen to Norm for he knows what he talks about. (Gun guru) You have become a member of a great site.
dbsoundguy

Thank you all!!

Post by dbsoundguy »

Welcome Dave... I just joined too...I got alot of help in my first post...I agree all the stuff in here is really good...I just ordered a spring kit for my PA-63.. ;D
davebaird

Thank you all!!

Post by davebaird »

:) Thanks fellas! It's always good to have experienced friends when you buy a milsurp! ;)

Dave