Glad to find you guys

Info, pictures, advice...
dbsoundguy

Glad to find you guys

Post by dbsoundguy »

Hi all...I just purcased a PA-63 for concealed carry..I went to the range and had some problems..I am on another Gun Forum and these guys said to check out this forum and another MAK Forum..

I have been lurking for a few days, trying to find out what I can about my gun..

this site and another has been very helpful.(especially the "Sticky" by Norm on changing the springs..I copied it and took it to the gun store..They have my gun at the moment..the owner took it and fired it to see what the problem is and then told me the papers I gave him were great ( thank you Norm :))

I just ordered the Spring kit for it..I am a little confused on what pound to use..I ordered the this:
RECOIL CALIBRATION PAK - contains 1 each of the above recoil springs in 11, 13 and 15 pounds. Three extra power firing pin springs are also included.
Stock No. 13210.....$ 18.79

and ordered 2 of these:

MAGAZINE SPRINGS are available in +10% extra power to restore and improve functioning in magazines with weak or broken springs.
Stock No. 79341 +10% XP - each.....$ 7.49

i could not afford the Hammer kit..But I will get it later ::)

This is just a little about why I am here

Now..something about me..lol
I live in central Arizona, I am married and have 5 kids and 9 (soon to be 10 grandkids :o 8-)

I am a member on another gun forum..
It is hard to keep up with it, so i don't know how i am going to be on here also..lol ::) ::)

I am a Christian and play guitar at my church..I love my guitars.
I hope that I can learn alot on here and maybe contribute one day

thanks for the forum :)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Glad to find you guys

Post by normsutton »

dbsoundguy

WELCOME

chances are you won't need mag spring , most mags are new, just clean the gun up before you shoot it , then clean it again, its full of Cosmolin as of surplus's weapons are and don't shoot anything over a 95 grn. bullet in it

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on November 11th, 2008, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dbsoundguy

Glad to find you guys

Post by dbsoundguy »

Thank you Norm..I see you are on another forum..
http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

I am not sure which one is better, but in my lurking, I see you are a mod on here..I really appreciate the knowledge you have on these guns..I can tell you have done your homework..lol

I am on Taurus Armed.net and i have a wealth of good info from these guys..there are a few guys that really study and have a wealth of info, I am glad you are one of them..thanks

this is 2 of the threads I posted and they relate to my lurking around on here:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index ... ic=11194.0

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index ... ic=11156.0

I am really excited about this gun..it sure is easy to conceal and is pretty accurate..

I bought it used unfortuantly, so that is why i decided to change the mag springs..
My problem was that it would cycle shells by hand but when you would shoot it , It would fire1 or 2 times and then would not put the next round in the chamber..I figured maybe the recoil spring was week and after looking around on here, I see a lot of guys have changed the springs..That is why i decided to order a spring kit...

I could use some advice on how to decide what spring to use..Common sense tells me that I have to do it by trial and error until it works.. ::)
maybe somebody on here can shed some light on how to not make a project out of it..I really want to shoot it..

What is way cool is my Gun store in my town usually sells used guns as is, but the owner is a really great guy..He is going to polish a few things and then put the springs in for me..Then if it still does not work he will sell me another..That blew me away..This is always why I shop locally...I am 45 minutes away from J&G guns and could go there but these small merchants need all the money they can get..I paid double what J&G sells it for but they can't help me like he can when I have a problem

I did a thorough cleaning before i shot it the day I got it..I use Gun Scrubber and "Weapon Shield" synthetic lube..
It messed up that day so I took it and cleaned it even better hoping it would do better the next day( I did only the basic field stripping both times, I did not want mess up some of the smaller stuff in there)

here is the ammo I used( I can only get 2 types here..I will have to order some I guess)
This is the cheap stuff
This is the good stuff( it shot a little better..less problems)

This is my new toy

So..now I have to wait and see :-/
Last edited by dbsoundguy on November 11th, 2008, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Glad to find you guys

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome Devin, I see you're in the good hands of Norm our resident smith. I've got a good friend that just purchased one of the 63's and I'm trying to gather info for him so he'll have a good base to start from. Again welcome!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Glad to find you guys

Post by normsutton »

Devin

there are several threads on clean these surpluses guns on this board and its a must to do with guns , just field stripping won't hack it,

ammo for the gun there are only three that work with out doing some ramp polishing , that's MFS, S&B, or Prvi Partizan 9x18 93grn FMJ, http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Prvi ... n_FMJ.html these are all .363 dia. bullets

the jam's you are encountering , is from the dia. of the bullet ( . 364 ) you need to be shooting ( .363 )dia.bullets

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on November 11th, 2008, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
breilley

Glad to find you guys

Post by breilley »

Welcome! I'm also in Arizona(Queen Creek) and have been mostly lurking for several months now. I will be buying my first P64 from J&G Sales(in Prescott) this Saturday so wanted to check the board for anything new... and lo! Another Arizonan :)

Anyway, welcome again. This isn't the fastest-moving board on the web, but the people here are great and can answer just about question you may think to ask.

For non-gun-specific general(frequently political) conversation, come see us at www.armedpolitesociety.com...
dbsoundguy

Glad to find you guys

Post by dbsoundguy »

manicmechanic ...looks like the right place for finding info..In one post I got a lot..lol ;D

breilley ..got to love Arizona..I do..I live up in Cottonwood..
Thanks for the link.I am already on too many forums..lol
I am on one that is very fast moving, so it is nice to see one not so fast :D
Have fun on Sat...it is supposed to be great weather up here( good stuff for shootin ;)

Thank you guys for the welcome.

Now... To Norm

I cannot tell you how much i appreciate the advice you have given me..It is truly blessed to have a gunsmith on a forum donating his time.. :)

I will clean my gun down to the last little detail..I got it back today..now I have to wait for my springs..(Man..I hate waiting..lol :'( ;D )

the jam's you are encountering , is from the dia. of the bullet ( . 364 ) you need to be shooting ( .363 )dia.bullets
We did measure the dia of those chinese bullets..they are .363 on the money..
that was nice advice, my gun shop guy sure liked it to..lol

Thank you again ..Norm ..for your help..I hope someone can return the favor to you .. :)

I will try to be a productive guy on here for you all..My other forum is alot of time..lol

I hope the person that set up this forum is on when I am..So I can thank him also..
My wife is staff on a Car forum and I see and hear about the time and effort it takes to make one of these forums happen..

Thanks again..all

Will give update when I get my gun finished ;D ;D