Function tested the P64 first time today

Info, pictures, advice...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Some people just don't want to deal with all that for a main CCW gun.
Enter the P-64!
I'm glad you've put up a resource where we can exchange tips.
It has proved itself to be quite useful - I'm glad it's here, too. Thanks for all the encouragement!
ozarker

Post by ozarker »

I had a B92 which I used for my CCW. But I needed something smaller for CCW. The internet and other resources lead me to the Kel-Tec's. I looked at the .380. Came very close to buying one. I was raised hunting and the use of firearms. At one time reloaded-- '06,.243,.41,.303..using dies and Lee Loaders. With that said I had been out of the "hobby" for some years. Went to a gun show and someone showed me a Mak. Never heard of one. Went home and started a search on the internet. Then started looking around locally. A little gun shop south of here had "One" . But when I got home found out it wasn't a Mak but a P-64. Now I'm wondering what the h*** is a P-64. Started looking. Nothing much to find. And the Mak forums (All of them) are quite touchy about you calling a P-64 a Mak. Even a Polish Mak. That when I started saving any info on a flash drive. Now to the DA. One of my targets is a paper plate. If I can get the first shot into that paper plate at 7 yards (CCW range) then I happy with my performance. The second shot in much easier. Will you cover the two with even a .50cent piece..Silver Dollar.. No, but if both shots on in that plate then he will be hurting. If a third shot is needed.... It goes into the computer.....Thank goodness now for our forum....
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

ozarker,

When you mentioned the Mak Forum not wanting the P-64 called a Mak, I don't want the P-64 called a Mak either............... This fine pistol can stand on it's own anytime!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I agree. The web site and this forum are both examples of how the P-64 has it's own place and misnaming the 64 or the Mak are not tollerated anymore. Makarovs are fine weapons - P-64's are fine weapons. They are, however two different weapons that deserve their own respect.
ozarker

Post by ozarker »

Well guys I already agree with you.. I ended my piece with..Thank goodness for OUR FORUM.
raypol

Post by raypol »

Trigger pull scales are not expensive or hard to find. They are re-labeled fish weighing scales. Go to your local sporting goods store and find a hand held fish scale with a long enough hook on it to be reshaped to reach a pistol trigger. Take the spring plunger rod out of the tube and straighten the hook out and bend a new "L" hook on the end of the rod. Slip a small piece of rubber or plastic tubing over the trigger pull part and you have a trigger scale.Make sure the scale has the sliding marker on the scale to register the release point of the trigger. You will need a scale that will read about 25lbs full scale so your readings of around 12 lbs will be about 1/2 scale. Fish scales cost about $8. The gun store "Trigger Pull Scales" usually only measure 8 lbs full scale. Not enough for Commie pistols anyway. Here's some pix of mine. Unscrew the end cap and take the lock nuts off and the rod will pull out to be re-bent or even make a replacement of your own design.
[/img]

jpb
Last edited by raypol on November 25th, 2005, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

The above post is a GREAT suggestion! justplainbill really hit the nail on the head...curious as to the pull weight if anyone tries this idea...