J&G selection

Info, pictures, advice...
bartoszsitarski

J&G selection

Post by bartoszsitarski »

I took a drive up to Prescott, AZ (where they filmed the clock tower scene of Back to the Future) to J&G Sales yesterday with my soon to be brother in law so that he could buy one of their Sig Sauer P6's. While there, I got to chatting with the a couple of the guys behind the counter and I looked at several of their P64s. They are in pretty nice shape and for $159, the price is right. I would have bought one but when leaving the house, I was "asked" not to come home with any new toys. Seeing that my wedding is 19 days and 53 minutes away, I would comply with this request. Next time I will not be so compliant ::)
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

J&G selection

Post by dolang1 »

bartoszsitarski, You made the right decision. I would never advocate not buying a gun except in extreme circumstances, like a pending marriage. I've been married for 38 years and I have purchased a lot of guns and you will too if you keep that futuristic attitude. Later Don
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

J&G selection

Post by blinddog »

Brother!! If for some reason that you are strongly curtailed from your normal purchasing practices due to the requests of your spousal unit, let me know. I know dozens of ways to get any type of firearm into your home or shop with no problem. Congrats on the marrage and I hope it is long and happy and you have many children quickly!! ::) ;D
6x6pinz

J&G selection

Post by 6x6pinz »

I got my p64 from JG. The wife (of 23yrs) still thinks I have had it for years. I used the p64 to qualify for my CCW, turned a few heads in the class. If you were a good groom you would give a p64 to all your groomsmen and of course one for yourself:)
deltacornbread

J&G selection

Post by deltacornbread »

Bart. You will have to learn to think and be more flexable in the future. Example; "But honey, I bought the P64 so I will be able to protect us on our Honeymoon. That is how valuable you are to me. I mean I would rather have spent the money on flowers for you, but I sacrificed the flowers because you are that important to me!"
After nearly 30 years of being married, I have reached a state where not only have I perfected the art of hiding "she" money, I have so many firearms my wife don't know when I have added to the collection. On the rare occasion that she does notice, you must be prepared with a comment such as " Oh yea, I traded that old thumb-licker in the closet for this new (fill in the blank). "
If for whatever reason she don't buy into that line, try this one;"But honey this gun is the perfect fit for you. It was going to a surprise for your birthday. I am going to have to put about 1000 rounds thru it to make sure it is reliable. After all, I don't want to give you a gun that is not 100% reliable!"
Anyway, I think you get the picture. Marriage is a wonderful thing, but sometimes women just don't understand that a man must buy more guns. Even if he has some in the closet that he has never shot.
Oh yea, I almost forgot. Another strategy that has been succesful for me is to buy a thousand rounds of ammo for a gun I don't have. THEN, when you and honeybun are at the gunshow, you can use this line " Honey, look! There it is! That's the gun that shoots that ammo I have in the closet that you say is in the way. If I go ahead and buy this gun, I can get all that ol' ammo out of your closet and you can buy some more shoes!" This one never fails.
DO NOT under any circumstances declare that you are the big boss and the one that wears the pants in the family so I will buy what I durn well please. Not only will you NOT be buying any more guns, you will have mr. couch for your sleeping partner.
PS Do not think you are being deceitful when useing the art of Ju-Jitsu for your firearms purchases. Women are masters of this and they will use it on you. My wife loves golf and she uses Ju-Jitsu anytime she wants that new titanium driver or putter. The door does swing both ways. As it should.
On a serious note, congrats. After all the ups and downs of being married ( to the same women!) for 29+ years, I would not trade her for an East German Mak! (Well, MAYBE if I found one with no import marks in pristine contion) ;D ;) :)
Last edited by deltacornbread on September 29th, 2008, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electross

J&G selection

Post by electross »

Your a smart man. Pick your battles. Something may come along sometime and you will just have to buy it. You now have that opening to do just that because you have shown restraint to her on this occasion. I like your style. Keep up the good work. :)
bartoszsitarski

J&G selection

I love the messages. I am laughing out loud as I read the responses. I tried the "keep you safe" line.... It worked the first time that I pulled it out, the second time I decided use it, I got busted. Ultimately picking my battles has worked well. I have a closet full of guns and she has a medicine cabinet full of $100 neck creams, eye creams, forehead creams, and lord know what else. It all balances out. BTW, 17 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes. Not that I'm counting.....
3rdpig

J&G selection

Post by 3rdpig »

You're not even married yet and she's already issuing orders? Trust me, after you're married it's not going to get better. Best show her who's boss right now!
deltacornbread

J&G selection

Post by deltacornbread »

3rdpig wrote:You're not even married yet and she's already issuing orders? Trust me, after you're married it's not going to get better. Best show her who's boss right now!
Show her who's the boss? Read this story before you decide.
Couple just got married and on 1st night of honeymoon. Husband decides he is going to show her who the boss is right from the start. He pulls his pants off and throws them to his wife and tells her to put them on. She states " Honey, I can't wear your pants." Husband replies, "That's right. And don't ever forget WHO wears the pants in this marriage!" Wife says nothing. She then slips her panties off and throws them to her husband and tells him to put them on. Husband replies " But I can't get in your panties!" Wife tells him " That's right. And if you don't change your attitude, you never will! "
Women rule. Just a fact of life. ;) :) ;D
Bart. Listen to the voice of experience. Ju-Jitsu will get you much futher than direct confrontation with a women. ANY time you think you are getting something over on them, think again!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

J&G selection

Post by carguy »

Bart...congratulations! I love to hear of people getting married...misery loves company ;D I am semi-kidding, I've been with the same woman for 30 years (married 27 of them) and it isn't always lovey dovey. If someone tells you how great it is and that they've never had a fight blah, blah blah...they are full of crap. Everyone fights and disagrees and normally makes up (that's the best part).

But about the gun, buy it and buy it quickly...you only have 17 days left and then she has you...FOREVER! Might as well have a little tiff now while she has the wedding to look forward to... ;)

Good luck.
bartoszsitarski

J&G selection

T Minus 17 hours :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

J&G selection

Post by blinddog »

Oh. jeez. I can't look!! I keep hearing that song "Another one bites the dust" Good luck and I truly mean that for you and your Bride.

blinddog ;D
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

J&G selection

Post by anjdrifter »

Bartos wish you to have even half the good marriage I have and you will be more then fine
al
tlk67

J&G selection

Post by tlk67 »

(New member here [and the crowd goes wild])

Congrats on the wedding! Methinks you made a wise decision bending to her will ... this time.

My wife, bless the lady, pretty much INSISTS I buy whatever guns I want (and can afford) ... so long as she gets ones she likes, too. AH, 'tis match made in Heaven, I tell you! ;D May yours be so good, my friend! ;)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

J&G selection

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome tlk67!!, sorry about the hushed crowd, but it was a busy weekend. How far down in the heart are you? Again welcome!!