Monarch Ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Monarch Ammo

Post by himmel »

The Academy store across the street has started selling 9x18 ammo, made by Monarch (made in Russia), for $8 some-odd a box. Any experience with it out there? I's the steel-cased stuff...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Monarch Ammo

Post by normsutton »

R.B.
glade to have you back with us, from what I hear Monarch Ammo
is suppose to good ammo

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Monarch Ammo

Post by papabear »

Don't know anything about the Monarch ammo except what Norm tells me but glad to see you back with us, we got a pretty good blow from it up here in Ky too, power out only 18 hrs but PC was down for over two days, anyway, welcome back.

Papa
POINT SHOOTER
gringo

Monarch Ammo

Post by gringo »

I've been using the monarch for quite a while now with no problems in the p-64 and the cz-82. I sent some to nbender and he did some tests on it. The ammo is russian and his results are posted on forums.gunboards.com under the makaroz section. There is a sticky for ammo testing. I think you will be happy with it and it is not very expensive.
blacktop

Monarch Ammo

Post by blacktop »

I shoot more Monarch than just about anything else in my PA-63. I've never had a FTF or any other kind of problem. It's a little dirty but seems as accurate as anything else I've fired through it. I go through about 150 rounds on an average trip to the range.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Monarch Ammo

Post by himmel »

Great! Thanks for the "welcome back"s and the info--guess I'll have to get some more while they are still carrying it. Wish I could get it in .32 for my Zasava at that price.... BTW, got quite a bit of reaction when I first mentioned it, and again when I bought the first box--the guys behind the counter didn't know anything about 9x18s...kind of fun telling them about Maks and CZAKs
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Monarch Ammo

Post by anjdrifter »

welcome back you were missed and on another subject if you run across an extra mag for the 32 zastava please let me know.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Monarch Ammo

Post by himmel »

Will do--would like to find some myself...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Monarch Ammo

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Himmel, good to hear from you, as you can tell you've been missed, welcome back.
G.R.

P.S.
Where have you guys been ordering the monarch ammo from, I'd like to give it a try.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on October 6th, 2008, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Monarch Ammo

Post by himmel »

Hi, I get it (or got it, and will get more) at the Academy sporting goods store across the street and down the block from my house--doesn't even cost any gas, I just walk over there! ;)