how are you after hurricane Ike

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

himmel (R.B.)

and anybody that was in the path of hurricane Ike, our prayers are with you, please let us know how you fared

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blacktop

Post by blacktop »

We lucked out. No damage, but we lost power and water pressure. Just got power back 30 minutes ago. We're in far northwest Houston so we just got some wind and rain. Nothing like the south, north, and east side. Those people are in BAD shape. Make a donation to your local Red Cross if you can - FEMA ain't doing much....surprised?
ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Ike showed his teeth up noth too. NE Ohio had a great deal of wind damage. Some no power until the weekend. Not to trivialize what happened in the south, just sharing info
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Any body out there from Bay City Texas, we have friends there we have not been able to contact and are concerned about them.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

you might want to mail them a letter , because it only takes a week to get the mail up and running . a month to get cell phone service because all the repeater tower's are down , and land lines it could be a long time depending where they live.

I know after hurricane Andrew in Aug. of 92 , I didn't have eclectic power tell Dec. didn't have a phone till Jan.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

We caught the remnants of Ike, Sunday morning and we had 40-50 mph sustained winds with 60-70 mph gusts for nearly 3 hrs, about 1/4 of the county is still without power, I was lucky we only went 18 hrs without power, only lost a large limb on my Bradford Pare which I kinda expected, they are a soft tree but the two I have are over 40' and really beautiful in my black yard, my two hard maples in the front held up just fine, had a little roof damage but I replaced the shingles, no big deal. We didn't get a drop of rain though and we really needed it. We were truly lucky to here.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
scottthegerman

Post by scottthegerman »

Hello Everyone, I had no electricity in my home for six days. Other than that, I was lucky. No damage or injury.

Scott
protector

Post by protector »

Glad to hear every thing is o.k!
Aim small,hit small...