1968 P-64!

Info, pictures, advice...
talon

1968 P-64!

Post by talon »

Hello All,

Ok Last month I bought another P-64 "1974" issue to add to my collection,well Friday I found a 1968 version for 199.00.

This is a pretty one!! it has the Plumb colored rounded hammer and a plumb colored safety switch. I'm conflicted about buying another p-64. I dont think I could clear it with the war department. Since I've been busy with several purchases.

Somebody twist my arm Please!! :o

Peace,
Talon 8-)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

1968 P-64!

Post by normsutton »

T W I ST
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

1968 P-64!

Post by space »

You need at least two. Remember, parts are hard to find and will soon be gone.

I bought 2. One to shoot and another to keep in the safe, just incase something happens to the other one.
butch50

1968 P-64!

Post by butch50 »

You owe it to your descendants to have this in your collection to pass down. It is a family heirloom! Don't hesitate, buy it and take the consequences which will be over with in no more than 24 hours, and then years and years and years of pleasure for you, plus the same for your children and grandchildren and great grand children.......DO IT!!!!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

1968 P-64!

Post by abwehr »

Talon,

You gotta get more! I did complete my "quest" to get one of each variation. Now I am on the lookout for a couple more that are decently priced at my local gun shop or gun shows. These will be the real "shooters" and parts pistols.

My wife asked me one day why I have so many of the same pistol and I told her that each was a different variation, but she said they still look alike, LOL! I still feel these pistols will shortly climb above the standard Makarov in value, so have a few that you can keep in mint condition as an investment.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

1968 P-64!

Post by papabear »

I agree, you gotta get more, I too now have all three variations ( 68',69' 73, and 76', and am looking for deals on P-64's to have as shooters and parts. For what it is worth, AIM now has CZ52's in VG++ condition for $139, I ordered two more. This past weekend at a Tallahassee gun show they were going for $190 - $225, there was not one P-64 there, and I was there when they opened the doors. One dealer said he had had two left and sold them both for $185 ea. the week before the show. Bulgie Makarov's were going for $200 - $225, it seems all three, P-64, CZ52 and the Makarov's have all gone up $50 in the last few months :'(.
POINT SHOOTER
talon

1968 P-64!

Post by talon »

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, our 24th wedding anniversary,wifes birthday, first communion for our girls, graduation for our son, mothers day, our twins birthday, getting a safe delivered and in place, plus a Karate tourney has kept us a bit busy these past few days ;D.

Thanks for the arm twisting, I now have a 1968 p-64 in the collection ;D My local gun shop guy really enjoys seeing me come in! As soon as I bought it (Yesterday) He tells me hey T~ I got another 6 more coming in, I give you a call when they arrive.

So now, I tell my wife I'm into the investment side of this firearm ;) (Thx Ab..) When in all actuality my gun guys know the real reason!!!!!!!! ;D

Peace,
Talon 8-)