New p-64 mags

Info, pictures, advice...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

New p-64 mags

Post by grayfox »

I just received two new mags today, but they had instructions on breaking them in

Load two rds & shoot
Load three rds & shoot, ect up to six rds.
Do this three times and they say your mag is broken in. Has anyone ever heard of this before?
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New p-64 mags

Post by abwehr »

I have never heard of "breaking in" a magazine. The only reason is to maybe (?) polish the feed lips on the mag before fully loading and firing, or to make sure the spring seats correctly in the body. I guess it will not hurt to do this, LOL
mirother

New p-64 mags

Post by mirother »

I had not heard of it either, but I got the same instructions. I filled up the magazines and fired three full clip loads through them. They seem to work first time, every time. Just use them several times to be sure before using them for carry purposes.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

New p-64 mags

Post by grayfox »

Thanks guys, I guess it can't hurt. I think I'll do what Miother said, load 'em up a few times before carrying.
striker45

New p-64 mags

Post by striker45 »

I know exactly what he is talking about. the after market mags are crap. I only use RADOM factory mag

A Radom mag spring is in the white where as the crappy after market ones are blued. the after market ones come in a clear plastic bag with instructions like the guy posted at first. those mags are crap they are stiff and they dont feed well at all.
michaelap

New p-64 mags

Post by michaelap »

I just can't find the original mags if I get a tip theyre out any sightings lately?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New p-64 mags

Post by trent »

Jgsales.com aparantly
michaelap

New p-64 mags

Post by michaelap »

Thanks have you dealt with them? I have always liked to deal with local guys and have only bought online a couple times.