kjeff50cal

ATF and the P-64

Post by kjeff50cal »

Hey guys, SHHHH!!!

kjeff50cal ;)
herrmannek

ATF and the P-64

Post by herrmannek »

Luckilly for you 9X18 have slightly bigger diameter than 9mmPARA :)
butch50

ATF and the P-64

Post by butch50 »

Military Gun Supply is selling Walther PP in .32 caliber. Are these recent imports and are they about comparable to the CZAK in size? Maybe the ATF criteria is different than what is thought here. I find it difficult to believe that ATF can't score a pistol on their own system accurately?

http://www.militarygunsupply.com
Last edited by butch50 on January 6th, 2006, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nscale

ATF and the P-64

Post by nscale »

Wow! This is great information. I believe the P-64 will be the next East German Makarov in appreciating value. my aging old Dad is a gun dealer, and he has told me stories about guns he almost purchased and then they were no longer available for import or not legal. His stories always end with "I wish I had bought that gun".
I might have to buy a few more and get a safe to keep my stash in. No son your college fund is invested in Polish Guns (get a loan)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

ATF and the P-64

Post by abwehr »

I have to agree that the P-64 will certainly appreciate in value in the future. Once the supply is gone, there will be no more and the price will rise just like the E. German Makarov.

On this same subject, I got an early post war German Police Training Rifle in .22 LR for Christmas. I think there were only several hundred imported and some dealers are selling them for $500, but this one came from Classic Arms for $280. They were made in the early 1950s, look similar to the K98k but without any top handguard. Weight is close to the K98k, but it is a "tackdriver"! They were manufactured by F.W. Heym in Suhl. Heym is a manufacturer of high quality sporting rifles and still in business today. I will shoot it, but it will definetly increase in value over the years because of the low number manufactured.

I shoot them, but take real good care of them too!
amd6547

ATF and the P-64

Post by amd6547 »

To answer butch50's question, the walther PP was large enough not to be affected by the ATF criteria (about 1/2 inch longer and taller). The PPK/S was created to get around the rules by mating the PPK slide to the taller PP frame.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
butch50

ATF and the P-64

Post by butch50 »

Much obliged amd6547.