One month only!

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

One month only!

Post by fritzhund »

This is why I posted about this in the beginning. Our site is being used for advertising. We are not getting a deal any better than anyone else visiting Impact Guns.

The price is good, but we are not getting a discount.

Want to sell guns? Ship our members one with two mags, un-issued, at a deal price of $125.00, and I would be willing to bet that most of us would order two. Sweeten the deal if we can pick the year.

Dick, have you spoken to Impact?

Thanks, Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
volfandan

One month only!

Post by volfandan »

I'm assuming these are a recent import by TN Guns. I spoke with the owner on Saturday, and he said that TN Guns did "recently" bring in some more P-64's. He said that to his knowledge, they have gone through the surplus guns in Poland.....and he figures they've basically dried up.

I asked him "about" how many did TN Guns bring in, and he said "about 400".

So, that may mean that after these 400 are gone......well, you get the picture.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

One month only!

Post by dfunk »

Okay, here's the deal...
There was a recent import and it took a little time to get to it's destination. Once it was received, we were given a link to basically get first picks off of this import at a price set lower than usual. Over the weekend (last weekend), an automated routine was run on Impact's website, updating listings including the P64. So, while that price will be honored by Impact to non-members of the forum, we were given special notice and first picks. Dave and I didn't work anything out that verifies membership of this forum.

So, special price? Yes, in the sense that it could be raised at any given point and was knocked down originally, and we were the very first to have access to the recent import received by Impact. We were given advance notice of the new stock, and a direct link. I think it's a fair price (it comes with 2 mags), and you have to remember that the days of the $125+3 mags P64 are gone. Thanks.
fritzhund

One month only!

Post by fritzhund »

:)

DF

Always looking out for us!

Thanks, Fritzhund.

I think I'll grab one. Maybe I can ask for a particular year.
zark

One month only!

Post by zark »

Mine arrived earlier this week. I picked it up today. This is my first P-64. I am extrememly pleased with this purchase.

DF, thanks for link. Please tell your friend I am a very satisfied customer. I'm very pleased with the transaction and with their customer service.

Mine is a '76 and is in fact a TG import (someone had asked in an earlier post).

This picture does not do it justice.

Edit: Slightly better picture.

Last edited by zark on August 22nd, 2008, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

One month only!

Post by normsutton »

zark

it looks like a good one congratulations
don't forget to clean it inside and out before you ever shoot it
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blacktop

One month only!

Post by blacktop »

What does Impact charge for shipping?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

One month only!

Post by papabear »

zark,

+1 with Norm, your off to a good start..... :)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

One month only!

Post by anjdrifter »

I am hoping to pick one up at KC in Oct.
zark

One month only!

Post by zark »

It was very, very oily. Like it had been submerged in 30W motor oil.

Took slide and grips off and wiped it dry inside and out. Ran patches through the bore. Seemed to clean up well enough. I'll give a more thorough cleaning soon. Won't be able to shoot it for a few more days though.

I took the cheapest shipping option available, USPS for $11. It took 5 days to arrive in town.

So for $149 + $11 + $20 transfer fee...I'd like to get another if I can squeeze it into my budget.

I am impressed with how small and thin the pistol is. For me it conceals noticeably better than my Mak.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

One month only!

Post by space »

zark wrote:It was very, very oily. Like it had been submerged in 30W motor oil.

Took slide and grips off and wiped it dry inside and out. Ran patches through the bore. Seemed to clean up well enough. I'll give a more thorough cleaning soon. Won't be able to shoot it for a few more days though.

I took the cheapest shipping option available, USPS for $11. It took 5 days to arrive in town.

So for $149 + $11 + $20 transfer fee...I'd like to get another if I can squeeze it into my budget.

I am impressed with how small and thin the pistol is. For me it conceals noticeably better than my Mak.
If you have feeding/extraction problems give it another good cleaning to get the hardened cosmoline out of it.

Both of mine "looked" clean but had problems that went completely away once properly cleaned.

Way I did it was to remove the grips, field strip and place the metal parts in a pot of boiling water. You will see a lot of oil/gunk/cosmo float to the surface. Take the parts out and spray with break cleaner (non cloronated) while still warm. Dry and lightly oil and you should be good to go. (KEEP THE BREAK CLEANER AWAY FROM THE GRIPS). You can also say goodbye to the red dot of paint on the safety. Easily repaired with Testors enamel model paint and a q-tip.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

One month only!

Post by dolang1 »

You can also use fingernail polish from walmart to put your red dot back on. Cherry Pop by Maybelline has always ben one of my favorites. Later Don
zark

One month only!

Post by zark »

Norm, papabear thanks!

After wiping it down with solvent I believe I see what Space it talking about. I will give that a try this weekend, but first a trip to the range. Hopefully it is clean enough.

Thanks for the tips

z
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

One month only!

Post by dfunk »

Well, that was that. The price is now back up to $165 and their stock is currently at 0. Congrats on the few that picked one up at the discounted price. Because of your interest, Dave at Impact has created a special coupon code for our members to discount the price to $149. Stand by for this code.

Also, I'm in the process of re-tooling the main site, and am going to add a few options we probably should have had from the get-go. I may call upon a few of you to help me test some things before it goes public. Thanks!
fritzhund

One month only!

Post by fritzhund »

dickfunk,

Please let me know if I may be of assistance. I work on computer networks all day.

Fritzhund