Southwest Ohio/Southeast Indiana Shoot

Info, pictures, advice...
electross

Post by electross »

Gents,

Met donnerwetter58 at the Brookville range last weekend. What a nice weekend my wife and I had. We camped right there at the State Nature preserve, camp grounds were half full, nice beach, nice archery range, and I can't say enough about the welcome received at the range. donnerwetterand I played with his chronograph shooting everything from 9X18 to his AK pistol through it. Nothing real conclusive on the 9X18 front except that a CZ 82 has an ever so slight faster velocity than others including a Mak, PA 63 and the beloved P64. In spite of the barrel length difference of the P64 and the other 9X18's that we shot, they were all really close in velocity using Brown Bear 94 grn round ball.All in the area, we really need to get a meet together and visit this location for some fun. Later in the day there is Metamora, its a historic canal village, has the usual candle shops that smell funny, but the wives (at least mine) like that stuff. Local farms are selling produce on the side of the road. Guys, it doesn't get any better. Any interested shooters that want to meet us at Brookville, lets start planning. It was a good time and you could not ask for a better Rangemaster.

Dale
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I had a great time as well...but then I always do at Brookville.
Lets set a date and hopefully more will come and enjoy the fun.
There are quite a few forum members in the area. Maybe we can get a few off their duffs.
The range is nice and there is never a crowd. There are pistol positions from 7 to 25 yards and rifle positions with benches at 50 and 100 yards. electross and I had the range to ourselves for quite a while. The rangemaster is retired Army with lots of good stories. I almost feel guilty for letting the secret out of the bag.
For those interested, this is in southeast Indiana on the northwest side of the Brookville State Reservoir in the Quakertown area.
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Dale,
Looks like we'll have the range to ourselves again.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

It sounds like a great time guys. Just a little too far from Cuyahoga co. with our full plates and all, but I sure would love to come down in the future.
electross

Post by electross »

michaelap,
Understand the geography issue. Just wanted to stir up some interest in a nice day of shooting with folks that have a common interest. I have two P64's and they shoot very differently. donnerwetter58 and myself were hoping to create a great day of shooting and fun. Sorta take this to the next level. We'll try again soon. Enjoy your summer(whats left of it). Maybe one day we'll catch up with you if you venture into the area.
donw

Post by donw »

Don't forget the beer and the women!!!
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

donw,
So we're counting on you for the beer and women. Not sure about the beer, but the rangemaster probably won't mind the women.
We have plenty of guns and ammo.
Maybe now we can get some interest in this.