Daughter on Her Way HOME From Cambodia YEE HAA!!

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Instead of creating another thread I just changed the title to reflect her long journey home now. They left Cambodia for Korea around Midnight their time, 11 am EDT. Will land in Incheon/Seoul Korea 7ish am their time(it's already tomorrow there, that's what really messes my head up :o) and then depart for the USA LAX around 4:30 pm their time, and arrive in LA around 12 noon tomorrow. Then a quick hop to Phoenix around 4:30 pm, then leave for Detroit around 5:45pm and we get to hug our girl hopefully by 2am Tuesday morning. Please continue to lift these tired souls in their travels back home. And as always, THANKS FOR ALL YOU THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Best feeling in the world isn't it? ;D ;D ;D
G.R.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Ya got that right G.R.
She's finally on her last flight, about 2 hours and 45 minutes out. Will be good to see her and give her a hug.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Yes, the hug was as good as I imagined it would be, even at 2 am. The team looked pretty good considering the traveling they did in the last 39 hours. And there wings didn't even seem to be that tired. Didn't really get much time to talk last night, I'd been up since 4am with a little nap after dinner, she kinda hit the highlights, but again 2 weeks condensed into half an hour wasn't going to happen. I'll get the long version over the next few days and get some pics posted as well.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers guys!!
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 22nd, 2008, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

manicmechanic,

Good to hear your daughter is home, I know you must be very happy and relieved.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

You're so right papa. We've never really had a family member be gone for 2 weeks, let alone to the other side of the world, and get to welcome them home again before. It really sets in just how much they were missed for that short period of time. Even though we were able to communicate somewhat, they still aren't right there to reach out and give or get a hug.
Even our dog was acting depressed the last day, she wouldn't eat anything all day, except some treats, she must have sensed she was coming home soon.
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 23rd, 2008, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartoszsitarski

Post by bartoszsitarski »

Glad to hear that she is back safe and sound, Leo. I saw the pictures, it looks like an experience that will stay with her for a lifetime.
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Wow! That was a rough one for good 'ol Dad. Very glad to hear she had safe travels.