Daughter on Her Way HOME From Cambodia YEE HAA!!

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Just dropped Emily and the rest of our mission team off at Detroit Metro for their first leg of their long trip to Cambodia. They should get there sometime tomorrow night. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. This is her first missions trip and well let's just say it'll be a little hard having our daughter that far away. Thanks!!
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 20th, 2008, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

will do
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

LEO
will do too

Norm
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

No problemo, one prayer on it's way.
G.R. :)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

manicmechanic,

My heart goes out to ya my friend, as well as my prayers for your daughter.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

manicmechanic, Congratulations, A daughter like that tells me a lot about the parents and raising their children right. Later Don
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Thanks guys, she's almost halfway to her next destination, Incheon/Seoul, Korea, just went past the Aluetian Islands. After she lands in Korea, I'm not 100% sure, but I think she takes off again after an hour for her final 5 and a half hour flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Can you say jet lag, man!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAR201
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 5th, 2008, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Manicmechanic

a few years ago my little sister made a series of mission trips to China and she had an absolute blast on each one. Funny thing though, she said that of all the neat things she did and saw and the neat people she meet one of the best things she got to do after she was there for a while was to eat at a McDonalds restaurant, LOL!

I hope your daughter has a safe and wonderful journey and I am sure that she will have a blast.
bartoszsitarski

Post by bartoszsitarski »

Leo,

Prayers go out. Keep us posted on how she's doing and where she's at.
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

They've landed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia around 12:00 est, I believe that's about 11pm there. Haven't heard from her since yesterday around 5pm, she called from LA before they left for Korea. I'm hoping to get ahold of the team leader's Skype login name so we can do some video calling with them. I'll let you all know as I find out what's happening. And again THANKS!!
Here's a link to some pics and a blog of theirs.
http://www.riverviewcog.org:80/
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 6th, 2008, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I had a chance to actually talk and see her this morning using Skype. It's a video and audio chat software that works very well and easy to use. She's doing well and enjoying helping these people. She surprised me in the middle of our conversation with her and our family, she tells us she has an opportunity to go to a Cambodian shooting range tomorrow. I was floored. I told her to take advantage of that and let us know what kind of weapons she and her team were offered to fire. Hopefully pictures will be included with the next round of e-mails. My imagination is running wild with what she might get a chance get some trigger time on. I know she can hold her own on whatever she is allowed to shoot. She's going to impress some of those guys she's there with for sure. She has shot everything I've ever owned, and shot it well. From the Ruger MKIII 22/45, to the P-64's, Maks, HI-Power, Sig P226, XD in 9mm and 40 s&w, and finally the Sig P220 in 45acp, she can hit her mark at least out to 12 yards, I don't think she's really tried any further distances. After the range time they travel northwest to Siem Reap, not sure what they'll be working on in that area. As always, thanks again for the thoughts and prayers, and I'll try and keep you all updated on her adventures.
Leo
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

thoughts with you all
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi, Leo
I,m with her with my prays
delija

Post by delija »

manicmechanic wrote:Just dropped Emily and the rest of our mission team off at Detroit Metro for their first leg of their long trip to Cambodia. !
Wow Leo....quite a long way from home!!! Skype is your friend!!!

Thanks again for the birthday wishes last week - More than I got from my own family! :'( LOL

Emily is in for a great experience. On so many levels!!!

South East Asia is fascinating and beautiful. If you haven't been there before- (or if you have), you should try and visit as soon as she's adjusted enough to deal with visiting family LOL :)

Peace Bro,
D.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers guys. She ended up not making it to the shooting range, she opted for a massage instead. A few of them went to go shooting but the costs were a lot higher than they expected so they ended up running go-karts instead. They're up in Siem Reap now, after a six hour bus ride that was quite exciting due to everyone going in both directions in all lanes at the same time.

D, she and the entire team are leaving back for the US on I believe Sunday, and to arrive back in Detroit approx. 1:45am Tuesday. I guess I never said how long they were going to be there. Sorry about that. She will have quite the stories to tell on her return, I'm sure of that. She's lived a pretty sheltered life. Although she has gone on a few excursions down into Detroit on some soup kitchen and clothing drive reach outs, she's never seen the kind of things she's experiencing out there in Cambodia.