OT: Sending BP weapons outside of USA

Info, pictures, advice...
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

I'm curious if its legal for an ordinary American* to send a black powder weapon(cap and ball revolver to be exact, or maybe a DIY kit) outside the USA. I got impression that BP firearms aren't considered firearms by federal law so I hope its also legal to send them abroad without unnecessary hassle, you will probably laugh, but European made revolvers cabelas sells for 150$ or less runs here for a 300$ or even more.... My plan if the thing is legal, is to find a seller with used bp revolver(bellow 100$), who will be willing to send it to Poland.... Oh any firearm constructed before 1850 is legal here without any registration(I want colt navy .36 with steel frame)...

*I'm asking because USA shops usually hesitate to sell anything outside USA, especially weapons.....
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

HERRMANNEK

I don't know about shiping outside the US you could email could http://www.dixiegunworks.com/ they could tell you , most of reproduction BP guns are made in ITALY

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

My friend is in a process of exploring a dixiegunwork path by trying to buy a revolver kit, we will see what outcome will be... But fact is I would like to buy a used but not abused revolver, they have very low resel value so you could get a very good deal...