The cup was out of the Case even!

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

COME ON WINGS
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

uh.....what?
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Hockey, EH?
Went to 3 OT's, what a game!
Wednesday, same time, same channel!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

hockey what's hockey :P
Last edited by trent on June 3rd, 2008, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Trent,
Hockey is a game played by young men who beat each other with sticks while chasing a small slack compressed hard rubber orb around the inside of an icy frozen arena.
LOL LOL LOL :P
G.M.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 3rd, 2008, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

They can get it over quicker if they would use a couple P-64's in their "shootouts" ::) :D
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

No shoot outs in the playoffs. OTs until someone scores.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

And it's out of the case again!!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

And the fat lady sings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

I know we have all heard it before,
I went to a Fight and a Hockey Game Broke Out!
So who won that Ice-Fight Skating championship?
Ice skating is not that big here in KCMO. We had a rink here in Grandview for a few years, but it went bankrupt because nobody liked to fall on ice here. I cannot even imagine what it is like fighting on the ice. I have seen Men die on the ice from the puck hitting them. One of them got a puck to the chest that stopped his heart and he fell flat on his face on the ice. Ice is for Racing!
anyways , who won? G
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

Main article: Ice hockey

hockey is played on a large flat area of ice, using a three inch (76.2 mm) diameter vulcanized rubber disc called a puck. This puck is often frozen before high-level games to decrease the amount of bouncing and friction on the ice. The game is contested between two teams of skaters. The game is played all over North America, Europe and in many other countries around the world to varying extent. It is the most popular sport in Canada, Finland and in Sweden.

The governing body is the 64-member International Ice Hockey Federation, (IIHF). Men's ice hockey has been played at the Winter Olympics since 1924, and was in the 1920 Summer Olympics. Women's ice hockey was added to the Winter Olympics in 1998. North America's National Hockey League (NHL) is the strongest professional ice hockey league, drawing top ice hockey players from around the globe. The NHL rules are slightly different from those used in Olympic ice hockey: the periods are 20 minutes long, counting downwards. There are three periods.

Ice hockey sticks are long L-shaped sticks made of wood, graphite, or composites with a blade at the bottom that can lie flat on the playing surface when the stick is held upright and can curve either way, legally, as to help a left- or right-handed player gain an advantage. Variations in curves include its lie and its curve type. Most companies that produce sticks have sponsored players and in return, use their custom curve on publicly retailed sticks. To shoot with a left curved stick, the stick is held with the right hand at the top and the left hand partway down the shaft. To shoot with a right curved stick, the stick is held with the left hand at the top and the right hand partway down the shaft. Most people who are right handed shoot with a left curved stick, and most people who are left handed shoot with a right curved stick. This keeps their dominant hand at the top of the stick, allowing more control. Sticks also have flex numbers, a number on the stick ranging upward from 0. It indicates how much the stick will bend before breaking when pressed on the ice. The higher the number is, the more pressure it is able to withstand. This flexing is what enables slapshots.

There are early representations and reports of hockey-type games being played on ice in the Netherlands, and reports from Canada from the beginning of the nineteenth century, but the modern game was initially organized by students at McGill University, Montreal in 1875 who, by two years later, codified the first set of ice hockey rules and organized the first teams.

Some notable players in ice hockey are Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, and Maurice "The Rocket" Richard.

You can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey#Ice_hockey :) :) :)
Last edited by space on June 7th, 2008, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Garry that would be these fine outstanding gentlemen,lol!

http://redwings.nhl.com/

Garry wrote:I know we have all heard it before,
I went to a Fight and a Hockey Game Broke Out!
So who won that Ice-Fight Skating championship?
Ice skating is not that big here in KCMO. We had a rink here in Grandview for a few years, but it went bankrupt because nobody liked to fall on ice here. I cannot even imagine what it is like fighting on the ice. I have seen Men die on the ice from the puck hitting them. One of them got a puck to the chest that stopped his heart and he fell flat on his face on the ice. Ice is for Racing!
anyways , who won? G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Thanks ! Congrats to the Redwings. I have heard a really gross subject refering to "Redwings".

I do NOT have my Redwings, And NEVER will hahahaha