New Family Photos

Info, pictures, advice...
bartoszsitarski

New Family Photos

Post by bartoszsitarski »

Hey guys. Although it's not a P64, I thought that I would share my new acquisition. The VIS does fit in well with the rest of the Family :) :)
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Family Photos

Post by trent »

very cool!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Family Photos

Post by manicmechanic »

I'm liking it alot!!!! ;D
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Family Photos

Post by normsutton »

manicmechanic

your Family has grown
nice

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

New Family Photos

Post by carguy »

AWESOME!! Congratulations...I love everything ever made at Radom!!
torpeau

New Family Photos

Post by torpeau »

bartoszsitarski wrote:Hey guys. Although it's not a P64, I thought that I would share my new acquisition. The VIS does fit in well with the rest of the Family
Went to Wikipedia and read about the Vis -- interesting. It says a small amount was made in 1992.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
bartoszsitarski

New Family Photos

Post by bartoszsitarski »

torpeau wrote:
bartoszsitarski wrote:Hey guys. Although it's not a P64, I thought that I would share my new acquisition. The VIS does fit in well with the rest of the Family
Went to Wikipedia and read about the Vis -- interesting. It says a small amount was made in 1992.
Thanks guys! In 1992 they made 100 units based off the original plans that were uncovered. They were made as commemorative pieces and given to high ranking officials and dignitaries. I also read somewhere that you could order one for around $5000. I could be very wrong about the actual production number in 92....
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
mecenas

New Family Photos

Post by mecenas »

Radom never made that many VIS pistols in 1992. They started with five and I do not think that they made more than that. I was at the factory in 1994 trying to get some re-furbished P64s for a client and the Chief Engineer told me that they made only five and were waiting for orders. The price at that time was $2,000.00 but there was not a lot of takers because for $2,000.00 in the US you could get an original 1938 or 1939 gun in almost perfect shape - so why buy a copy when you can get the original.
Bartosz - congratulations on the new acquisition - too bad it is a war production gun and not a pre-war with the Polish eagle.
Thanks for posting.
jakub66

New Family Photos

Post by jakub66 »

Congrats Bartosz.
Looks like nice early ocupation piece. According to some sources Vis (or P35p as Nazis designated it) was the best 9mm pistol prior to and during WW II.
I'm still looking for one at every gun show I visit. Only one I saw last couple years was overpriced late war Styer production in poor condition - well Styer made guns were not that great to begin with.
Friend of mine has one made in 1940 from Polish parts, so next to Eagle on the slide are waffen markings. Actually this particural gun was issued to Kriegsmarine (navy).
Grandpa was an NCO (sierzant) in charge of morator section in September of 1939, and lost his when he got wounded in Stuka attack, and become POW during Battle at Bzura. His only regret was: " I never got to shoot any of those SOB's with my Vis!". He managed to made it up with captured Browning during Warsaw Uprising. But that's a different story.
Oh - by the way, nice Warsaw Mauser.
gotmak

New Family Photos

Post by gotmak »

Very good to be able to collect those items you love, they mean a lot to you. Nice pic Mister! 8-)
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Family Photos

Post by blinddog »

Great idea, I will get some pics posted. I don't have many but I think they are cool!!!