P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by abwehr »

Well guys, I got back from the Spartanburg, SC gun show about an hour ago and wanted to report the pricing for the P-64 and PA-63.

The same dealer I bought the last two P-64s from was there and he had the P-64 for $228 ea! The PA-63 was selling for $188. In the last 5 months, the price he advertises at the show for has risen from $165 to $228. He said the demand has been great and he said other dealers are selling close to that range. he said he can always "cut" the price for good customers.

Still, the best deal is from SOG and even with the transfer fees, it is a good buy rather than buying retail from gun shops. I hate to see the price climb, but it makes my investment better, LOL. I wondeer where they will "top" out at? The Bulgarian Makarovs were selling for $199, so is the demand that good for the P-64?
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by space »

Just got back from a Gun Show in Concord, NH

200 tables and saw 4 P64's. One dealer was asking $177 for his 1974 model. Another dealer had two for $195 each and a third was asking $289. Clearly the third guy was smokin' something.

Saw several FEG PA63's. One guy had one he said I could have for $125. The others were around $200 or so. Think I'll stick with the P64 and add a Bersa later (really nice sites)
Saw several Bersa Thunder 380's for $199 to $250 each. Really nice and I was thinking of getting something that I could find ammo for a little easier. Gun stores around here have cases of 380ACP for about 6 bucks a box. 9Mak ammo is hard to find. Only found one guy who stocks it and it sells for $15 a box (CCI).

Ended up with a S&W 22A NIB for $189. Almost free to shoot :) and I wanted something to train my wife on that was non threatening.
Last edited by space on April 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by space »

This is what followed me home today from the Gun show...

I know it's not a P64 but it's pretty cool. :)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by himmel »

Hey, what did it set you back, if it's OK to ask--They have those at the Academy just across the street from me...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by himmel »

OOPS!! Wasn't looking--That beats Academy, but not by much! They have pretty good prices, for what they have...just wish they could take trades... :(
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by space »

Just got back from the range after shooting 250 rounds through it. Very happy with it but I do need to get the hi-vis sights.

I was using Remmington 22 Thunderbolt. Out of 250 rounds I had about 8-10 duds. The cases were crushed in by the firing pin so it must just be crappy ammo. Haven't used 22 ammo for about 10 years. I just need to find out who is making the good stuff now days.

Shoots good though. This is the final 50 rounds at 30 feet:

Last edited by space on April 8th, 2006, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by himmel »

ain't that purty... :D
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by abwehr »

That is a nice looking S&W! I have not seen that one yet. At the gun show last Saturday, there was a mint S&W Mod. 41 (I think) that the dealer was asking $800 for. I had one of these about 28 years ago and I paid the high price of $275. I wish I still had it, but I wish I had all the firearms I ever owned back except a couple of them, LOL
cz83

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by cz83 »

I saw last Saturday in VA gun show, P64 for $178 to $198 for the blued and Chromed P64 for $249. Also, P63 was selling for $229. I bought a couple of spam can of 54R and 8mm instead.
butch50

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by butch50 »

CZ 52s, Star BMs and P64s - All seem to have jumped an average of $50 across the board recently.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by abwehr »

On my way home yesterday, I went by my local gun dealer to check out any new additions he had. I have not had a chance to get by in the past several weeks so I hoped he had some new stuff in.

First off, he had NO P-64s and was not sure if he could get anymore. I told him he needs more and to get them SOG because all he gets he sells. He said if they do, the price will be near $200. He did have one Bulgarian Mak and it was $199.

Looking all his other pistols, I guess he increased the prices by at least 10%! One particular pistol I have been watching for over a year is an engraved Walther PP. It was originally about $600 and in the past 3-4 weeks, he has raised the price to $670. One thing this dealer does is NEVER have a sale. If it doesn't sell at the original price, eventually raise the price and hope it sells I guess?????? Are firearms going to be like gasoline now and take a big jump in price????
Last edited by abwehr on April 22nd, 2006, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Gun Show Pricing

Post by himmel »

I dunno--but I do know that all the gun shops I frequent seem to be doing a lot of biz lately--and you know what demand does to price...