NO MORE SILVER BEAR PISTOL AMMO!

Info, pictures, advice...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

You guys may be ahead of the curve on this one, if so please forgive the posting. I spoke with Lala at the ammunition center last week and she says there will be no more silver bear hollow point ammunition. Her comments indicated that the company will no longer be manufacturing it, she had no specific information why. I don't know about you fellows but this news saddens me, I was really fond of the stuff for range ammo.
G.R..
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

gunneyrabbit wrote:You guys may be ahead of the curve on this one, if so please forgive the posting. I spoke with Lala at the ammunition center last week and she says there will be no more silver bear hollow point ammunition.
For the range, why not his cousin -- Brown Bear? Aim Surplus has it at $8.95 a box.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Thanks, I kind of like it too. I have shot quite a bit of the 7.62x54r SB and it shoots fine. Low cost is another good thing about it. I will get what I can of it. G
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Garry,
I've shot a LOT of Brown Bear and love it. I just put back 500rds of 7.62x39. Get it while we can. :)
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

I just put in for a nice order of Brown Bear 94 gr. FMJ. I recently saw a posting that Brown Bear is made in Barnaul. My question is whether that is the same place Silver Bear is made, or was this guy all wonky. Silver Bear was really clean, and I enjoyed it.

p.s. I enjoyed Silver Bear so much I even have some regrets. The largest regret being that the first 4 boxes of 9x18 I put through my gun were Silver Bear JHP 115 gr. I got on sale for $8 a box. Oh how little I knew...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Thanks Grayfox! I may get out today and pick some up. I am OK with the BrownBear, a few years ago I had a bad batch that wouldn't shoot that good(inaccurate, 7.62x39) ,BUT, I have bought several boxes of it since then with no problems. The stores around here still have quite a bit of it , and the silverbear, last time i looked. Several cases stacked up knee high. I need to get busy reloading them also. I have all the supplies(powder, bullets, primers), but haven't had time to go do it. It is just about as cheap to buy ammo when it is under $8 a box. I like to get reloadable brass tho. anyways, Thanks to all for the heads Up! G
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

The Brown Bear ammo works just fine and the price is super, I guess that's what I will be shooting from know on.
G.R.
weetabix

Post by weetabix »

gunneyrabbit wrote:The Brown Bear ammo works just fine and the price is super, I guess that's what I will be shooting from know on.
G.R.
I bought a case of it from the Ammunition Center at a gun show. You're talking about the guys from Stillwater? It's just as inexpensive as the Silver Bear. I'm hoping it will feed better that the JHP in my P-64.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Weetabix, yes those are the folks I was referring to, very nice people to do business with.
G.R.