Average price

Info, pictures, advice...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Average price

Post by dfunk »

Just wondering what the average price is for these pistols in your neck of the woods. In KY, they are going for about $140 - $170 in "unissued" condition. Most gunshops do not have them in stock, though.
cruiser

Average price

Post by cruiser »

AIM has them for $139.00. I have one and I am sure it was unissued. Your gunshop should be able to order one for you. I believe SOG still has them also.
Links:
http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplushandguns.html
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Handguns.html
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Average price

Post by dfunk »

Seems most people order from AIM or SOG. Do people order from them out in the west?
vinnie

Average price

Post by vinnie »

Just got my first one from SOG today. Looks unissued to me. A friend got one in the same order so they were $129 with thee mags each. Can't wait to get to the range.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Average price

Post by abwehr »

In SC, I paid $150 OTD for mine from a local gunshop I deal with. I figured that if I ordered one for $129/139, they charge $20 for a transfer so bought from the display case. It is mint condition and I don't think it has ever been fired. I only received one spare magazine, but it should be sufficient for me.

Have any of you seen the Polish holsters for sale? It would be nice to have an original to go with the pistol. I have it in an E. German makrov holster now.
raypol

Average price

Post by raypol »

I paid $170 for mine from a collector/dealer plus the FFL fee on this end so it cost me $190 delivered. Aim Surplus sent me a flyer last week offering them for $130. If I add delivery and FFL fee it will still be close to $190 again. Still a good price for a good gun. I'm thinking about getting another one too. Got the itch.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Average price

Post by abwehr »

I don't think these pistols are C&R, so that is a bummer for getting them at Aim or SOG selling price. But if I see another one at my dealers for $150, I plan to buy it. Any pistol that is in excellent condition is worth that!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Average price

Post by dfunk »

Have any of you seen the Polish holsters for sale? It would be nice to have an original to go with the pistol. I have it in an E. German makrov holster now.
Unfortunately, I have only seen what appears to be the run of the mill German and maybe Russian Makarov holsters (I truly do not know what the Poles used). I have also stumbled across some shoulder holsters (Not fit for CCW) for it, too. I think the cheapest I found the belt holster was for $2, and the shoulder holster around $10.
I'll be picking up a P-64 this Friday from SOG. Hope it has flat grips!
cruiser

Average price

Post by cruiser »

Don't count on flat grips. I noticed that the left grip with the thumb rest is newer and has a differant checkering than the right. These were added to meet import rules. Sporting gun? I would dearly love to get hold of a left flat grip! Anyone?
b52stan

Average price

Post by b52stan »

Hey Cruiser, what year is yours? My dealer got my 1976 from SOG, and it is unissued with flat grips.
montanman

Average price

Post by montanman »

I bought mine at AIM, very pleased to say the least, and yes it has the issue 97 pound double action trigger, but single action is like about 1.5 lbs, instant double taps!! this is an very accurate pistol. I was taking bianchi plates down at 25 yds with no problem, seems to be new, I bought a case of their ammo and it's snotty!! but damned accurate!..will get some JHP for carry after trying them to see if they function...all in all I'm very pleased with the gun and AIM, great ppl to do biz with!...
cruiser

Average price

Post by cruiser »

Hey Cruiser, what year is yours? My dealer got my 1976 from SOG, and it is unissued with flat grips.
Mine came from AIM marked TG KNOX TN and is a 1976.
ozarker

Average price

Post by ozarker »

Other than deer hunting once a year, I had not been keeping up with whats new. When Mo. announced they would have a CCW law I started looking. Went to a local gun show and was shown a Mak. Didn't know what a Mak was and I don't impulse buy so I came home and started cruising the internet. At same time went to a couple of local gun shops. One showed me a P64. In my mind I was looking at a Mak. Bought it for $175.00 and 1 mag. Thats it. Got it home really looking it over and discovered a P64. I couldn't find anything about it. I wanted another mag--finally found some from a Florida shop and ordered 2. I think its great for what I got it for--- CCW. Since I've bought a P91DC, SKS. Before the P64 my guns was sporting.
etinky

Average price

Post by etinky »

Purchased my 2nd P64 through SOG. Took too long to deliver so they threw in 3 extra mags and the dealer gave me a box of ammo. $187 OTD. Came with a manual also. I'd sold my first, (a '71 model with holster wear). The newer one was unissued and a '75 model. Better DA pull and a thumbrest grip. A local gun shop has the same pistol in his display case for $249!!! But he's kinda high on most of his stock anyway.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Average price

Post by abwehr »

I am out of town and can't get my P-64 until Sunday evening to check my grips, but if I remember correctly, both are flat grips and it came from CAI (bought at my local gunshop). I will confirm this later. I had not heard about the "thumb rest" grip before, but glad mine has the regular one. I will post the date also.

Have any of you noticed the poor checkering from the mold? Whoever made the mold must have been a novice at mold building, or the mold was WELL worn. I guess the governement didn't care as long as the pistol worked, LOL!