My 1973 P64

Info, pictures, advice...
rmeron

My 1973 P64

Post by rmeron »

I got to the range again today,I had my set of Dennis grips on her and the recoil sting wasn't as bad as factory grips,she still let you know she isn't a target gun.
I shot at 20 yds and was very pleased with the accuracy.She handled everything but the Barnaul wide HP's.
You definately have to be careful with the transition from DA to SA,the SA is very light.I don't know what to do about that execpt keep your finger on the trigger until you are set up on target again then release and squeeze.

Any input would be great!!! ;D ;D
gotmak

My 1973 P64

Post by gotmak »

Ha, ha, ha. The last time I was at the range with mine I found that your statement about the SA is right on! You better have that puppy pointing down range when it is in SA. Man that is a sweet trigger pull compared to other 9X18 caliber I have. I shot a couple when I didn't expect it.
thurston

My 1973 P64

Post by thurston »

iv'e noticed that most people are unhappy with the trigger on these. my opinion is that with its very quick and light break, it just gives me a greater opportunity to practice double tapping as soon as i order a couple hundred rounds of crap ammo to play with. as a guitar player, this gun reminds me of a very nice gibson with a thin neck and the action set as low as possible.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

My 1973 P64

Post by garry »

mmmmkay :)
Last edited by garry on May 21st, 2008, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gypsydavy

My 1973 P64

Post by gypsydavy »

Reminds me more of an old Alvarez acoustic. Built like a tank, loud as hell and only about $200 used. ::)

gypsydavy

<Image
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

My 1973 P64

Post by garry »

Sure it isn't like a Hondo? Cheaper than the rest, in the right hands it can blow away the competition, has a "Killer" sound, and it Doesn't need a G-String to perform?
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

My 1973 P64

Post by blinddog »

Never say anything bad about Sigma's and P-64's not in that order.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

My 1973 P64

Post by garry »

what is a Sigma?
electross

My 1973 P64

Post by electross »

I don't know about all this guitar stuff, but I do know what a Sigma is. It's Smith and Wesson's semi auto that has a difficult DA comparable to a P64. It is probably a little better than a P64 DA. It has a real nice feel in the hand and they say they are reliable. Don't have one and was going to get one but I saw a M&P 9 and there is no comparison between the two. They make a Sigma in .40cal and 9MM. Look'em up. It's not a bad CCW for about $350.00. There was a $50.00 rebate from S&W to sweeten the deal. ;D
gypsydavy

My 1973 P64

Post by gypsydavy »

I believe Blindog is refering to the Sigma acoustic guitars. Made by Martin, nice affordable boxes.

Hondo? No sir. My first guitar was a Hondo and a Hondo is no P-64. Although they will both give you bloody fingers!
thurston

My 1973 P64

Post by thurston »

egads, hondo's. i haven't played a hondo in YEARS.

and currently i've got an alvarez accoustic, picked up from the pawn shop for a little over $100 (i dont mind a few chips) that thing IS a tank!
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

My 1973 P64

Post by garry »

HEHEHE That gives me a good idea! I still have an old Hondo II pro model (explorer shaped), It would look great with a couple of bullet holes thru it. You guys are silly- it's not the guitar, it's the player. Having the best guitar /gun in the world doesn't make the owner a better player/shooter. only Practice makes perfect. (good equipment is certainly a plus.)
gypsydavy

My 1973 P64

Post by gypsydavy »

I agree that it's the operator and not the equiptment. But the equiptment does need to be up to a certain level of performance and reliability in order to get the job done right. ;)

Shoot the Hondo and send us pics! If I still had mine I would set it on fire too! And yes, this is gettin' silly.

Love that SA trigger!