Price rising

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by himmel »

I bought my CZAK a month or so agao for $159 plus tax--Just saw two more at the same place, same condition, at least superficially--and the tag was $175, plus tax
karlpa

Price rising

Post by karlpa »

That's to be expected. They're getting popular. Same thing happened with the CZ52s.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by himmel »

Didn't take long either way did it?
amd6547

Price rising

Post by amd6547 »

Wholesale hasn't changed...
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
buggyboat

Price rising

Post by buggyboat »

The price hasen't changed but it dosen't say they come with two mags anymore.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by himmel »

I recall that's what happened with the CZ52's, at least at Centerfire Systems--The price stayed the same, but they didn't come with the extra mag and holster and all... I'm wondering if the CZAKS will sell at the new price here--that DA is such a bear! LOL! But we'll see--This guy is the only one I know of that carries the good stuff like Zastavas and CZAKS and Maks hereabouts, and he generally has really good prices...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Price rising

Post by normsutton »

Going to gun show tomarrow got SHONA to save me 2 p-64's she has 3 left at 160.00 a piece

did any one see this add

http://www.weareguns.com/makp64.html

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by abwehr »

NORMSUTTON,

OK, you have beat me out on the highest price I have seen for the P-64. The highest I have seen was at TGP Gunshop, Goose Creek, SC. A great gunshop with s LOT of nice stuff, but man, are they EXPENSIVE. The P-64s there were $225 +tax. "We Are Guns" done gone and beat me out by $5, LOL

Yea, I am sure they bought them for $139 or a few dollars less if bought in quantity.

In retrospect, if an individual bought one from SOG for $140, they pay shipping of $15, and a transfer fee of $20. This is a total of $175; reasonable. But, if a shop buys the same in a small quantitiy, say they pay $130 each, shipping for them at $20 (?). They have approx. $135 (shipping was spreadout per pistol) in the pistol. Overhead is probably 20%, so the pistol must sell at a minumum of $162. Most small shops need a profit of 10%, so the pistol should sell for approx. $175-180. THis allows the dealer a decent profit to stay in business and the buyer get a decent deal. You can see from these approximate numbers that some dealers want to give folks the "shaft". The $225-230 pistols will sell slowely or lay on the shelf until the price rises overall and then they will move. What I think is that they are hoping for the folks that have NOT been reading the P-64 Forum to come in and buy a $175 pistol for $225.

Actually, I feel the pistol is underpriced compared to the new pistol of this size on the market. If you were to buy this same pistol manufactured today by a major company like Kahr, Ruger, Taurus, etc, I bet it would be a list price of $350-400 and sell in the $300-350 range.

When I bought my last P-64, I had to pay $175 OTD and I was happy with the deal because I needed that variation! Even at the inflated prices some dealers are asking (and we CAN find them lower) the pistol is a bargain! THis is the reason I recommend buying them now!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Price rising

Post by normsutton »

Abwehr

I couldn't agree with you more so I bought 2 for $150.00 apiece pus tax , a 71 and 74
now Shona has 1 left

didn't see any other p-64 at gun show

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by abwehr »

Well, unfortunantly I won't be buying another P-64 for several months as I have an assignment in Washington State for several months and I can't buy one there! But as soon as I get back, I will be on the lookout for another one! These thing are habit forming, and with the prices rising, get them now.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Price rising

Post by nbender »

Count your blessings abwehr, Washington State is a great place to be this time of year!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by abwehr »

I know, but I will be on the east side of the Cascade Mtn. range, but a 30 min drive and I can be in the mountains. A 1 hour drive and I will be in the heart of the Cacades. The place I will be is a desert and the temps reach about 110-115, but the humidity is low. I am getting ready to pack my bags for an early morning flight. I will be back online Tuesday sometime!
d627

Price rising

Post by d627 »

I just came from one of the local Gun stores Here In VA beach and they have a P-64 an outstanding price of $289.99 for the gun and 1 mag. i was able to get mine last month at another store for $150. and found a new military holster with mag in Ebay for $25 with shipping.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Price rising

Post by abwehr »

d627,

Well, the price you saw is the highest I have noted so far. The highest priced ones I have seen until your post was $225 +tax. The $289.99 is really out of reason, but considering the quality of the P-64, they may get there as normal one of these days. Once Century or SOG runs out, the price will climb unless more come into the US.

When pistols of this quality are under the $200 range, buy all yo can get and hold on to them. I really don't buy to resell later, but in my "old age", I might make a profit, LOL
gunut

Price rising

Post by gunut »

Own one P-64, gun show this weekend. House tax due. Must keep hand from wallet, must remain strong. Ahhhhhhhhh.........