Moderators?

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

Moderators?

Post by fritzhund »

I'm just good old humble me, and hate to single someone out, but, as a member of this forum I am beginning to be bothered by some of the "input" I have recently read here.

Why must we have to listen to someome (ORCHIDHUNTER) trash us and OUR forum with BS, especially after he has obviously been banned from other forums as well?

I am not trying to disturb the peace, but, WOW, what is this person doing here? Never any positive input, just trash.

I'm sorry if this looks like some kind of witch hunt, but I don't see any other members getting complaints here. I have learned a lot here, and done my personal best to provide others with information when possible. This forum is great. We do not need it to be trashed.

;)

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
bartoszsitarski

Moderators?

Post by bartoszsitarski »

I agree
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Moderators?

Post by manicmechanic »

Norm and I have both been informed the weed has been Orthoed by our friendly mods. Some may not care for how they handle things, but they try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone's just having a bad day, who knows? All I can say is after 3 strikes, they are usually out.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Moderators?

Post by carguy »

It is a very unique thing we are all a part of here in this forum. We are a rag tag bunch of young, old, retired, unemployed, working, students, parents, children, people that share an interest and in particular a single firearm. This forum has given us the chance to become an extended family and share, teach, advise, criticize, tease and praise without the fear of ever offending each other. Like any group there will be times we all don't agree but there is no need for anyone to ever create disharmony for the apparent sheer pleasure of it. I feel lucky that I am allowed to be a part of this forum as well as others with a similar atmosphere (and membership). It is just too bad that some people seem to be unhappy in life and can't stand to see anyone that is happy so they need to create turmoil...misery loves company. Thank you moderators for giving everyone a chance but thank you even more for preserving the family unit we've become.

8-)
Last edited by carguy on May 11th, 2008, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Moderators?

Post by manicmechanic »

+64
mikeh1

Moderators?

Post by mikeh1 »

We need an ignore feature, I have Weedhunter on ignore at another site and it works well, that is until someone quotes him. For now, just think of it as the free entertainment this site provides!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Moderators?

Post by nbender »

I don't fault the moderators for giving everyone a chance.

But I do wonder about their motives here sometimes. Has Dick Funk and Abwher actively participated in this forum over the past year or more?

The problem has been apparent here for a bit. There have now been 2 odd balls who have posted and required banning. But they were only banned after the owners/moderators were tracked down. That forces active members to go find the moderators and "tell" on someone. What a humiliation.

That deal with the first banned poster was really frustrating. That person abused everyone; especially new comers, and the people who come here for the community kept responding over and over to him about what inappropriate comments he was making. No word from the moderators until they were tracked down and asked to put a stop to it.

Now OH - the moderators had to be located again. OH made personal attacks, in a manner that would have a person instantly banned from any of the boards where I actively participate, and when the moderators were found and "told" he was initially only asked to stop. It took going back to the moderators again to finally find resolution over this last incident.

I think the owners sometimes hope for a free-for-all for the sake of entertainment. Well, this site hasn't attracted that sort of poster. Maybe because this forum remains relatively unknown.

I wish the owners would make an active participant, someone like Norm, Papabear, manicmechanic, carguy, or others a moderator so people wouldn't have to keep tracking down adult supervision. I'd participate more and invite more people to join if there was some oversight.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Moderators?

Post by beasleydano »

nbender

I agree that it would be beneficial to have at least one more official moderator. All of the names that you mentioned are active, responsible and reasonable men and would be good moderators. I might add that your name should be included as well. Thanks for your expert input, support and concern for the forum members. All the great guys like you and others make this a worthwhile forum.
michaelap

Moderators?

Post by michaelap »

nbender---I'm with you here great idea.
I wouldn't mind participating in a vote or a poll of some sort, and I am sure most folks here would agree.
tripper

Moderators?

Post by tripper »

I second the motion on beaslydano's nomination of nbender.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Moderators?

Post by manicmechanic »

I'd also like to throw beasleydano into the hat.
Last edited by manicmechanic on May 12th, 2008, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
electross

Moderators?

Post by electross »

If beasleydano wants to do it. He has my vote as well.

Dale
weetabix

Moderators?

Post by weetabix »

manicmechanic wrote:I'd also like to throw beasleydano into the hat.
Moderating always seemed like a difficult and mostly thankless job to me. Are you sure we don't mean "throw nbender and beasleydano under the bus?" ;D

I still feel fairly new here, so I'll abstain from voting and just support whoever may be chosen.

At any rate, I think this is one of the best behaved places I hang out, and I'm glad to be here. Thanks, dickfunk for giving us a great place, and thanks to the rest of you for great insight and advice.
Last edited by weetabix on May 12th, 2008, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Moderators?

Post by nbender »

Well, I'm too contentious and too much of a target for such duties here. And I have some personal transitions that I'll write about soon that will prohibit me from moderating anything.

I agree that Beasley is a good choice, and there are several others, I didn't mean to imply that I was listing my favorites.

But I think the suggestion of having engaged moderators was brought to the owners before and rejected.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Moderators?

Post by papabear »

weetabix wrote:
Moderating always seemed like a difficult and mostly thankless job to me. Are you sure we don't mean "throw nbender and beasleydano under the bus?" ;D

Let me first say that I'm a moderator on two different boards now, and to some degree weetabix is right about being thrown under the bus and sometimes it is a difficult and thankless job/position, however, its a necessary evil. I do it because I have the time now that I'm retired and the two boards I'm a moderator on are important to me as well as this board. I appreciate this board and its many members and will continue to support it and come here, usually on a daily basics and contribute from time to time.

We need to keep in mind however, that the owner of this board, Dick Funk is the sole owner and operator of the "The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board" and he alone makes the final decisions and discretions. Also, it was Dick that started this board and thanks to him we all have had the privilege of learning and sharing about a pistol that was not very well known at the time, and for me it has brought unmeasurable info and shared wisdom from many of the members here, but more importantly for me it was brought me friendships I hadn't expected and a very special one in particular that I was fortunate enough to meet because of this medium. I may not have always agreed with the way things were handled here, but for the most part it has been a great experience, and I respect and honor Dick's right to run it in a manner he so chooses.

Having said this, I appreciate "nbender" mentioning my name as a possible moderator here , and it would be an honor, but I must pass, the other two take up a lot of my time and energy. The other names mentioned by nbender and others would make fine moderators on this board if they have the time and energy to do so and it Mr. Funk choose them. I also do not wish to vote on this issue because I think in the best interest of "The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board" the members should follow the lead of the ideas and directions of the one who runs the board, not the membership, individually it may be suggested that changes be made, but the ultimate decisions need to be make by the owner of the board.

Regards,

papabear
POINT SHOOTER