Ok so i shot her again today.

Info, pictures, advice...
maddogrecurve

Post by maddogrecurve »

My P64 has to be my favorite gun! I had issues with jamming and such but yesterday i only had it jam once and it was with Wolf ammo. I thought the Wolf Military Classic ammo sucked and stunk badly. I had 4 misfires with it and no problems this time with my silver bear hollow points. Im going to stick with Silver Bear!
This gun is super accurate even out to 50 yards or so, i am in love....

Take care guys.

Maddog

Post by 8080 »

Yeah my p-64 was jamming on "silver bear" 94 grain hp mabey 1 or 2 per magazine but I polished the feed ramp a little and it pretty well fixed it. It doesn't go into battery one time at round 45 and I get a misfire one time after round 45 also so I will put back the original hammer spring. I'm almost there! It's so concealable & ok power but I need it to be 100%....."80-80"
mamcdonald

Post by mamcdonald »

I bought 2 boxes of Monarch 94gr FMJ 9mm Mak, but haven't shot any of it yet. I love the silver bear HPs, they're the most accurate round that I've fired out of my p64. The last time I used Wolf my gun broke (I'm usually of the mindset that if your gun won't shoot Wolf, it's broken. Guess what, it was) so I quit with that and stuck to the Silver bear.
electross

Post by electross »

Hey maddogrecurve,
Sorry the Wolf didn't work out, works good in mine. The stuff does stink. Aim has some 9X18 I might try. I have used Silver Bear and was pleased also. Just can't get it locally right now. Good luck.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

That Wolf Ammo Does stink. hahaha what the heck are they using in it? (Norm says sweepings off the floor hehehee) It indeed smells that way! I noticed it badly on my Mosin Nagant rifles. SHEEEWIE.
I bought a package of the CAP gun caps(red plastic cups), made in Taiwan, and dropped an AK bayonet on the package and it "exploded Violently" on my desk, and it smelled just like the Wolf "Stuff". It had me coughing for about 5 minutes trying to get my breath back. It looked like i had fired a blackpowder rifle in my room.lol Naturally, my Wife thought i had shot something!HAHAHAHA The conversation went something like this: "Garry? Are you alright?".....yes Dear!(cough,cough ,hack, hack)"What was that?... Wolf Gunpowder???"
Anyways, Yes i shoot whatever will fit into my gun and it shoots it all. I haven't even cleaned it in about a year . Just keeps on ticking,not sticking.
Gasp! Did he say he hasn't cleaned his gun daily? Yep, Thats Right! I rub a little dirt on it for good luck and i think the wolf ammo leaves a nice Black Glow" in the barrel. When the slide finally gets around to seizing to the frame, i will take a ballpeen hammer and some fish oil and light the fish oil afire and heat the gun up until all of that "soot " burns off and she is unstuck again. then i take the ballpeen hammer and knock off all of the charcoal flakes and then add more heavy axle grease and she is ready to rock again . for a year or two.
Yep , i done gone whacky. I hope it made you laugh tho. G
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Hay maddogrecurve, ware are you getting your Silver Bear ammo ? I was buying it from a internet supplier but they haven't had it for a while. Also, does anyone know if you can get 9mm luger Silver Bear Hollow points?
G.R.
mamcdonald

Post by mamcdonald »

I could only find one box of Monarch in the safe (closet) so I guess I did shoot a box. Don't remember anything bad so I guess it's good stuff! I do know it's Barnaul-manufactured and lacquered-steel case, so be sure to clean the chamber well afterwards.

Just as an aside, what I thought this thread would be about after first reading the title, and what it actually is about are two completely different things.
maddogrecurve

Post by maddogrecurve »

Lol Gary, thats good stuff. I went through a few sites to get silver bear, i just ordered some 9x18 brown bear fmj's.

Jeff