SW Ohio / SE Indiana P-64 shoot?

Info, pictures, advice...
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I had the chance to play hookie yesterday and went to Quaker Town to personally inspect and test the range facilities (again).
I told the rangemaster to expect hundreds of shooters for P-64 day on the 7th.
The range opens at 9:30 AM and closes at 5:00 PM.
I'll be there at 9:30 and can stay for the day.
There is a beach and a picnic area within walking distance of the shooting range.
See you all next week.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Just cleaned mine up last Saturday so they should look purdy. That sounds like a nice plan electross. We will plan on getting there at 9:30 as well. We will be heading back to Indy for graduation stuff for family, so we can't stay the whole day either. Anyway, it shouldn't take too lone to say howdy, send some lead down range and swap some goodies. :P Just kidding, really looking forward to it. I'm pretty new to P-64's and only have one, but several other cousins just the same. :)
electross

Post by electross »

This is great, I may be shooting all day, depends on my best half. If she doesn't come along you guys might be stuck with me, I'll mention the beach and other things. She could just drop me off and come back and pick me up. She really isn't a shooter. Loud noise, guns, etc, just does not interest her. I'll know about camping this weekend and will report back. Saturday, 9:30 at the range. I like that, "P64 day" 2008.

Dale
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

donnerwetter58 wrote:...I told the rangemaster to expect hundreds of shooters for P-64 day on the 7th....
I plan on bringing hundreds with me, rounds that is. Image
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

See everyone in 2 days.
The more the merrier.

Dave
electross

Post by electross »

I'll be there, made it to AIM and picked up some ammo. I'm all set, might not be camping, can't get the wife out. She has a bunch of things this weekend. I also picked up some shooting gloves from Cabela's. Their kind of silly looking, like weight lifters gloves. I'll field test them Saturday. ;D
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

We have lights! We are in the middle of a storm in our area. I woke up early to fire outside our bedroom window and down the street. I said FIRE!we had no power, and my wife implored me to go see if they needed any help to make sure no one was still in the house. Turns out as I rolled around the corner and down towards the flames it was an electrical fire from a lightning strike. There were downed lines causing the fire on the ground, MAN! It looked like 1,000 Arc Welders striking an arc all at once. We got power back a bit ago, and it is 11:00AM.
I MISSED OUR SHOOT!!! Image We are flooded here in and around Jonson County, and we have been asked to stay off the roads unless necessary. I used my camera to shoot the damage to the ground from the fire instead of you other guys in Liberty. The intense heat made, what seems to be a crude form of glass, pretty cool. It blew up the ground in a couple places and made it look like big ant hills. My guns are back in the safe, and I am curious to know if the shoot went off at all. Please let me know. Can we come up with a rain date to try again? I went out a little bit ago and the road leading out of our neighborhood on one end is flooded, and the rain hasn't stopped yet. I am still looking forward to meeting some other members for a shoot. God is good, and we shall see you all soon.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

electross wrote:I'll be there, made it to AIM and picked up some ammo. I'm all set, might not be camping, can't get the wife out. She has a bunch of things this weekend. I also picked up some shooting gloves from Cabela's. Their kind of silly looking, like weight lifters gloves. I'll field test them Saturday. ;D
They are building a new Cabela's here my area, can't wait! I hope we can get together another time, please PM me and I can give you my contact info.
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

gotmak,
I'm glad you survived the storm.
The storms that hit your area continued East towards Brookville.
It rained from about midnight Friday until 3:00 PM Saturday.
I was at the range at 9:30 along with electross. The rangemaster had the range closed due to lightning and storms in the area. We hung around and talked guns for a couple of hours before going on our ways with clean guns.
It wasn't the greatest weekend for camping. There will be plenty more in the future. We will try this again.
The Cabella's will be nice. Don't have one here but there is a Pro Bass about 7 miles away.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Hi guys. What a miserable couple of days, however it is beautiful today. That is great that you guys met for a bit, what was the roads like around the area? At the end of our street where it meets a main street, there was a grown girl in the high water up to her neck, kids had set up chairs and watching <s>idiots</s>, people thinking they could make it through the water at it's lowest point. ;) :D Man, I hope it drys out soon.
I am glad to hear something good came out of it, and that it wasn't a complete rain-out. 8-) I wanted to come and show my goodies too, but had to stick close to home. A friend of ours had a daughter stranded at another friends house because of the storm emergency. A sleep over turned into a couple day stay. What does it cost to shoot there fella's?
electross

Post by electross »

gotmak,
donnerwetter58 has picked out a great plaace for a shoot.The place is accessible with good roads, beach is nearby, camping is in two locations, the first location is very close to the range, (it is driving distance of apprx. 1.5 miles. Then there is another one that donnerwetter58 stayed at and he like that one also. Basically the facilities are great, there is also picnicing right across the street. Restrooms are nearby. The Rangemaster will be real co-operative. Don't feel bad about not making it, IT POURED THERE. We had lightning traveling horizontal. Let this rest for a bit and we should be able to pull something together soon, maybe more shooters will show some interest. See ya.