Sad announcement today...

Info, pictures, advice...
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

:'( This sad announcement was posted today by George at makarovdotcom. I'm speechless!

"Makarov.com is sorry to announce that we will be closing our "Doors" for good. We have been on the Internet for 16 years now, from humble beginnings in a Townhouse Basement, to a full service Retail Store and Gunshop, and back to Mail Order only again. We would like to say now, a big Thank You to our loyal customers that have been with us from the beginning, and to all of the new customers who have joined the Ranks of the Makarovniks over the years.

We will continue to sell our remaining inventory online, for as long as stock remains. On Friday May 9th at about 4pm EST, we will take our Shopping cart system Off Line for 10 days. This will allow us to do a final Inventory and count, and list all remaining items on the website. On Monday Morning, 9am EST, May 19th we will re-activate the Online Shopping cart system, as well as begin a Flat Rate 40% off sale on all remaining inventory. Once an item sells out, it will be taken off the website. We will NOT be restocking any items.

We are also entertaining offers on purchase of either the Business Inventory, or the Business as a whole. Serious inquiries can call 304-776-2121 Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST.

Unless the business is sold as a whole, once the current inventory of Makarov.com propriety items is gone, they will not be available again. We will not license these for production unless they are purchased as part of the complete business. These include, Barrel Presses, Machined Firing Pins, CZ52 Slide releases, Sight Dot Kits, Sight Strip Kits, Aftermarket barrels, etc.

We reserve the right to cancel any and all Internet orders at any time if we have a contract on the Business or Inventory. Any Orders received prior to 4pm on May 9th will be filled and shipped as normal. All pending back orders are hereby canceled, we will not be accepting any back orders from this day forward.

All current products and projects in development are suspended.

At this time I am not sure what the future of the Gunboards Makarov forum will be, that is up to Vic and Tuco. We will continue our sponsorship until it comes up for renewal. They may decide to continue it as it has always been, or maybe merge it with another forum such as the Military Handgun Forum.

Thanks once again for all your support, Past, Present and Future."

MAKAROV.COM, LLC - Visit us on the Web - www.Makarov.com
garda77

Post by garda77 »

Wow, what happened?
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Sorry to hear that, they sold me my 9mm conversion barrel for my CZ-52. Good people to do business with.
G.R.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

yea, anybody know?
orchidhunter

Post by orchidhunter »

What happened? Poor management . Good riddance, I hope they take there forum with them, when they ride off into the sunset. Happy trails to them. orchidhunter
Last edited by orchidhunter on May 8th, 2008, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I'm hoping they BLOW :( you right on out of here for your crappy attitude dude!
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

I always found George to be more than fair and reasonable to deal with. I think Makarov.com was a real asset to the East Bloc collecting, carrying and shooting community. I shall miss them.

BTW, as an aside I'm glad that the "Sad announcement" was that Makarov.com was closing and not what I feared, that we had lost one of our beloved members on this list.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

orchidhunter wrote: What happened? Poor management . Good riddance, I hope they take there forum with them, when they ride off into the sunset. Happy trails to them. orchidhunter
You must be one hell of a liberal. :o
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

PshootR, I was almost afraid to read the "Sad Announcement" thread, and I've never met anyone from this board.

George has always been honest with me. I'm very sorry to hear this news. Later Don
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

the dealings I had, prices were more than fair and prompt shipping ,and great info

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mrcrabby01

Post by mrcrabby01 »

It took me awile to open this to.

when i was big on Makarovs and visited the MaK forum regualrly i had never heard a bad word about them. Any bad deals were taken care of with extras thrown in. I own a small business to and i tell you it wears on you hard.

good luck to him and his family.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

orchidhunter wrote: What happened? Poor management . Good riddance, I hope they take there forum with them, when they ride off into the sunset. Happy trails to them. orchidhunter

orchidhunter,

Don't you ever give up, you've got to be one miserable person.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
mirother

Post by mirother »

I bought many things from makarov.com over the years. I was always pleased with the service and the quality. It is a real loss to all 9x18 fans.
electross

Post by electross »

I visited the Makarov forum and saw the announcement yesterday. Kind of had a headache since. Really will miss having them around, not just for the sake of ordering parts, but George's wit. I've already placed an order for a CZ52 firing pin and some grips, I've been notified that the order has already been shipped. The end of an era. Makarov.com, George and Karl, thanks for an excellant resource for the Makarov and other milsurp firearms. :'(
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I hope it's not medically related that would really suck. If any one hears please let us know.
G.R.