Sad announcement today...

Info, pictures, advice...
bartoszsitarski

Post by bartoszsitarski »

orchidhunter wrote: What happened? Poor management . Good riddance, I hope they take there forum with them, when they ride off into the sunset. Happy trails to them. orchidhunter
I am pretty bummed that they are closing. George and Karl have been great over the years and I wish them luck in their future endeavors.

By the way, I see that orchidhunter, petal seeker, flower stalker, whatever his name is this week, is poisoning this forum too... Funny how his antics got him suspended from gunboards and now he's here spitting venom. Always stirring up trouble. Part of the problem, never the solution.
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

orchidhunter wrote: What happened? Poor management . Good riddance, I hope they take there forum with them, when they ride off into the sunset. Happy trails to them. orchidhunter
Flower Stalker is this site's Resident Idiot. This forum could use a little of the moderating they used on this poor individual on Gunboards.

I've read so many messages expressing how George and Karl have helped people thoughout the years; on these boards and the Yahoo! Makarov Group forum (which is now closing as well). George and Karl have really impressed a lot of people throughout the years and they stand out as fine humans.

But there's always going to be a Flower Stalker in the world. As papabear noted, he must be a miserable human.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Wow, Dude..I think its bad that anyone goes out of business and loses their long time hard work and livelihood.
Also, I to am very happy that it was not one of our brothers. Have some heart.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

For those that have asked, we just don't know what the cause is, but bad as it seems to us, "All things work together for good..." Good or bad, it will be good for them in the long haul I'm sure. No comment on the "o". The family here on the P-64 board can appreciate how one feels to hear of something like this happening to one that has been considered the "back bone", as I have heard George referred to, of any particular board. He WILL be missed, and we can only hope he stays in contact with the 9X18 community after he wraps thing up.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Just a reminder if you're needing any Mak or other weapon parts ect... you may want to do some shopping soon!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I logged onto Makarov.com this afternoon and they have taken down their shopping cart system until wednesday. I guess everyone logging in to take advantage of their 40% off retail cleanance has backed them up!!
weetabix

Post by weetabix »

I hope everything works out for the best for them. I'll miss them. I've never been able to be a high volume buyer, but I always felt better knowing they were there.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Couldn't get in after work, so I hope there will be something left Wed.afternoon. Image
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I got my order in early and when the cart was still up you could tell quite a few items were sold out. Good luck on your shopping.
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Pretty sparse, but at least they still had everything I wanted (mostly, recoil springs for all my pistols, snap caps, and a few other misc items). Going back later tonight for some magazine holsters...
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Got my order in too. Be nice to get it before the weekend, but I am not holding my breath, George is probably pretty busy with all the orders. :-/
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Got my first MAKcareROV package today, from Mon. order. Hopefully yesterdays extra's will be here by Wed. Still some goodies to be had!
gypsydavy

Post by gypsydavy »

Makarov.com was my first introduction to the 9x18's. Learned a good deal from them, sad to see them go.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I wonder if anyone is backing up all the information from the website and forum?
ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

I find the comments by Orchidhunter especially insulting not only in the lack of concern for others, but also due to the fact that he didn't even the guts to state any reasons for his stupid opinion.

I had only one opportunity to deal with Makarov.com and found them to be prompt and efficient with my order.

I own a P 64 and a PA 63. I love them compared to another 9mm that shall remain unnamed. We Eastern blockers need to stick together against all the nay sayers. This is a heartfelt loss and and major loss of not a source of information but also needed parts and supplies.

I wish him well.