Just a random question I thought of:

Info, pictures, advice...
mamcdonald

Post by mamcdonald »

Has anyone actually measured the double action trigger pull on their P-64? In particular a pre-triangle hammer model.

edit: I know the main page says "Double-action trigger pull is heavy: 110-120 N (25-27 lb)", but is that the actual trigger pull or the spring pressure? Or are they the same?
Last edited by mamcdonald on May 4th, 2008, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Trigger pull weight would be the force applied to the trigger not the rated spring pressure.
25 -27 lbs is well beyond the range of most trigger pull scales. A meat scale would be better suited for the P-64's.
I have a '71 and '76 model. Both triggers were bodacious. The theory of better triggers on the triangle hammer version is not the case with mine. Both have had hammer spring changes, (18 and 19 lb.) with no issues.....although I've never tried Wolf ammo.
electross

Post by electross »

See if you can get your hands on a compound bow scale from an archery shop. Those should go up to at least 80 pounds! :)
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

I agree that the triangle hammer versions are not better. Mine is impossible for me to pull, maybe it would be possible in an extremely adrenaline-pumping situation. I'm a small guy, but that thing is just brutal. It takes me two fingers, and if I tried with just my trigger finger I would probably miss the target all together.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

I have a Zebco? fishermans De-Liar ($5) and it has a little pointed slider on it that records the max weight as you pull against the trigger. it is ok for general purposes, but an accurate scale designed to measure trigger pull is available at almost any gun store. I have used it on the Mosin Nagant rifles i have and it gave a consistent reading of 9 lbs. on one ,and 7 and 1/2lbs. on the other. I took several measurements to make sure it was right, and it was. It works for me . Good Luck. G
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I'll have to hunt around and see if anyone I know has a scale. The 2 64s I just got are pretty much unissued, the 75 almost looks to be unfired by so much black in the normal wear areas. The 72 feels really nice as is, I can pull it in D/A with no problem and S/A is awesome. The 75 is a bear just like my first 74 was, can't even pull through all the way in D/A sometimes. S/A is good but nothing like the 72.