Thanks from a new guy

Info, pictures, advice...
ox2828

Thanks from a new guy

Post by ox2828 »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. I saw a P-64 at a gun show and thought no way am I buying that cheap little thing. When I got home I did some research and came to the conclusion it was a pretty good little gun. Then I found this web site and it sealed the deal. All the info on here...GOLD. I purchased my 1975 about a month ago, have cleaned it up like you guys said to, replaced the hammer and recoil springs, and she shoots like a dream. Now I just have to get used to a little gun in my large sausage-fingers. Thanks a ton. :-*

One more thing. What is the proper way to pronounce Makarov? I've read it is mah-CAR-ahv, with the emphasis on the second syllable. Is that right?
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Thanks from a new guy

Post by beasleydano »

mah-CAR-ahv is correct.But say it that way and most folks will think you are mis-pronouncing it.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Thanks from a new guy

Post by papabear »

ox2828,

First off let me welcome you aboard, and tell ya, I'm glad to have you with us. beasleydano is right, it should be pronounced mah-CAR-ahv but most pronounce it Mac-a-roff

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Thanks from a new guy

Post by carguy »

When referencing the P-64...in proper P-64ish...you just say chuck. That is how Czak is pronounced in Polish and the Czak is the normal designation for this little beauty based on the designers names...if I'm not mistaken.
Last edited by carguy on April 27th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Thanks from a new guy

Post by gotmak »

Ha, ha, ha. You are all right. I have a Spanish friend that calls it a different name every time he attempts to say it. :D I still cannot get him to say Smith & WessON. He always says Smith & WessTON. :D