Walmart ID Plans

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Walmart ID Plans

Post by carguy »

First they are staffed with the majority of part timers so they don't have to pay them full time benefits like insurance or retirement! Great career opportunity!

Second they are never staffed anyways...have you been to a Walmart lately??? I refuse to wait in lines forever for the priviledge to give someone my money...their stores AIN'T THAT GREAT!!

Finally, keeping records of firearm sales...aren't they supposed to do that anyways? Aren't there cameras in the ceiling tiles watching and recording everything customers look at already?

Sam must be rolling over in his grave!

What a fricking revelation Mayor Bloomberg and Walmart...they could solve the problems of the world. Hmmm? Gasoline for $0.99 a gallon sure but you have to register, give a blood sample, make an appointment, get fingerprinted, swear allegence for life to "blame everybody else" party and then you can only buy 5 gallons at a time because they are understaffed...the next appointment is in 3 months! These guys could screw up a free lunch by asking for change back! I'm ashamed to say Bloomberg is a local from Massachusetts!!
barnett3006

Walmart ID Plans

Post by barnett3006 »

After putting some thought into this, I KNOW that all of this is an effort for Bloomberg and the rest of the anti-freedom crowd to have a readily accessible system of firearms "trace data''. They have, after all, been fighting unsuccessfully to have BATFE firearms "trace data" available to everyone instead of just Law Enforcement.

Carguy,
Yes they are supposed to keep record of gun sales just like any gun dealer, but they are - for the most part - sealed from all except Law Enforcement in a bona fide criminal investigation. Like I said above, Bloomberg is trying to create a personal record of gun sales...I would imagine that his plan is to harass legal gun owners instead of harassing legal dealers and find himself in a mess like he did in Virginia.

Sam Walton started rolling in his grave the second they buried him.
fritzhund

Walmart ID Plans

Post by fritzhund »

My local Walmart stopped selling guns (rifles and shotguns, all they ever had, never handguns) about two years ago.

I remember asking the old woman who is "sometimes" behind the ammo counter why they suddenly stopped selling guns.

She raised her eyebrows, looked at me over her tri-focals, and said, "Why...? Because they are dangerous to children!!!"

The punk ass kid behind me in line with the low hanging baggy pants so you can see his boxers stopped texting his boyz on the cellie long enough to pay this woman and walk out with 200 rounds of Winchester 12ga shotgun shells. I seriously doubt that this kid has ever hunted or shot trap or skeet in his life. 200 rounds in his hands looked like a pipe bomb in the making! He sure did not look 18 to me, but hey, I don't run Walmart.

They still sell BB guns, just not to me or my daughter.

I bought her Red Ryder at the local gun shop where she was handed a booklet about gun safety from the shop owner. She had to promise him to listen to her dad and respect the gun before she was allowed to take it home.

They can take there over priced ammo and ship it to hell as far as I am concerned. They never stocked 9x18 Makarov anyway!

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Walmart ID Plans

Post by himmel »

I bought a single-shot Savage .22 at the local Wal-mart for my boy some years ago--thought I would never get out the door with it! I vowed then not to buy another gun there--this just adds icing to that cake...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Walmart ID Plans

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Come to think of it the last time I bought ammo from wally ripoff the prices were higher than I pay on the INTERNET including the shipping.
G.R. >:(
thurston

Walmart ID Plans

Post by thurston »

i finally stopped lurking so i can post in this thread ;)

coming from northwest arkansas (home of walmart) i pretty much agree with every negative thing said in this thread about walmart.

heres another one: every year walmart has their annual shareholders meeting. my town (fayetteville) gets basically shut down by legions of metro yuppie yanks' who are trying to see what "the real south" is like. plenty of music and movie and media stars show up (turns out danny devito is shorter in real life) and walmart puts on a big show, etc.

now i've got some lefty friends (i admit it!) who run a bike shop that protest walmart every year at this same time. these people are harmless peaceniks. for the last 4 years walmart has been sending reps (the walmart name goes real far with some here, still) to come and tell everyone in their strip mall that they are basically bomb making terrorists and that if they have ANY information regarding them, they should call the police.

turns out that their neighbors realized this for a sham, so they told my friends about it. anyway, in light of the harrassment (including middle of the night phonecalls, random notes left at the shop, etc) the couple that runs the shop have decided that they might need some personal protection. of course i recommended the p64, as it's the same thing i use for carry.
barnett3006

Walmart ID Plans

Post by barnett3006 »

Thurston, Welcome to the forum!

imagine the headlines, "Wal-Mart Reps shot as they vandalize local bike shop, Walmart ordered to publicly apologize for shady business practices"
fcm018

Walmart ID Plans

Post by fcm018 »

Sadly, I think the media would spin it more like: "Arms-hoarding wackos attack businesspeople during visit to bicycle shop. Wal Mart sends condolences to reps' families and demands an FBI investigation into possible 'bicycle terrorists cult'... Wal Mart Spokesperson says: With the proliferation of these weapons out there, more and more of this stuff is bound to happen..."

Unless the media in AR runs differently than the media in FL, that is.