9x18 Ammo sources

Info, pictures, advice...
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by space »

I have been looking for 9x18 ammo and it looks like everyone is out.

Looking for Wolf or something other than the $12/box stuff. $5 to$6 a box is what I'm looking for. Anyone have any sources they can post?

SportsmansGuide won't have any until June :o
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by abwehr »

Well Heck, I was going to tell you to check out SG! I got a couple thousand rds from them about December of last year so I have enough to last me a while. Have you tried AIM Surplus?
diemanbob

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by diemanbob »

Hi Space,

I've been buying from Cheaper Than Dirt. I haven't bought for a couple of months though. Usually a good price on Wolf. I usually buy 500/1000 rounds at a time. Watch out for shipping cost though, ammo is heavy. Makarov.com usually has some also, Silver Bear or Wolf and some others.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/practice_cjc.htm

Bob
Last edited by diemanbob on March 26th, 2006, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warthog

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by warthog »

CTD and SG have been my sources so far. Look at AMMOMAN and Dan's Ammo or the like as well.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by papabear »

Hey all,

Natchez Shooting Supplies (Tn.) has S&B 9x18 95gr ammo available now, @ $8.99 for a 50rd box or $8.01 for 10+ box's. @ Natchezss.com
I don't think they ship to GA. TN. or AL. you might check on that.

PapaBear
Last edited by papabear on June 3rd, 2006, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
darrell

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by darrell »

Cheaper than dirt is good source. Try J and G sales also, they are out of Arizona and a distributor. They have a lot of regular and surplus ammo. They are also a distributor for mil surplus weapons. You can buy the ammo on line. I bought some 30 tokarev ammo cheap a while back. Cheaper than dirt will charge you a 3 dollar handling fee. I have bought ammo from them and have been pretty happy. You may want to visit the Makarov. com website it has a lot of information and shopping about communist block weapons.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by bzinggg »

Space,

At the present, at least as of night before last, when I did some pretty thorough searching,
AMMOMAN has the best deal. However, he offers no less than 500 rounds,minimum.
The price he offers is SHIPPING INCLUDED:

https://www.ammoman.com/webstore_home.htm
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by bzinggg »

The link:

https://www.ammoman.com/webstore_home.htm

The ammo is Wolf 109gr FMJ, new manufacture.

Edit to add: CTD has it (the l09gr) and the 100grain, but you have to add shipping, which is large.
The Blazer they offer might be pretty good for just 2 or 3 boxes. It is more costly.
J&G Sales carries Brown Bear, Silver Bear, S&B and Wolf, but has it all as back-ordered. I like the Silver Bear 115gr JHP for personal defense and target, even though I had to trim the corners of a couple of my P-64 mags a thirty-second of an inch to feed it well. It has disappeared everywhere, though, and who knows when we will see it again.
If it becomes available again, AIM will probably carry it at the best price.
Last edited by bzinggg on June 4th, 2006, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
callisto

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by callisto »

Reloading Press! ;D

Well, at least for sport/fun. If you are going to carry for defense, definately use a well tested factory round, then some gung-ho lawyer can't say you were "acting with malice" when you loaded some hollowpoints to factory levels.....
Last edited by callisto on June 7th, 2006, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by papabear »

Got my 1,000 rounds of S&B 9x18 95gr Tuesday from Natchez. I agree that Aim, located in Ohio, usually has the best price on ammo if you live near that part of the country. I realize the Wolf and other brands are cheaper than S&B but I don't shoot anything but 95gr in my 64's, my Makarov's are a different matter, but I only buy one ammo for plinking for both. I just found out they had it last Friday and ordered it that night, and they have already sold out. I was down to 60 rds for my 4 P-64's and 2 Makarov's, and they eat a lot and often. I'm thinking about starting to reload again, sold my reloading equipment, never fails, get rid of something and you'll need it back sure as heck!
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by nbender »

Try KY Imports:

http://www.kyimports.com/ammo.htm

Their website is always out of date, and they are slightly flaky to deal with, so only order by phone:

For Questions or Orders Call: (502) 244-4400
Orders Only Call: 1-800-718-3643

I have recently bought Barnaul FMJ, Norinco, and the old LVE green box from them. If they still have LVE jump on it, it's good ammo.
alfs

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by alfs »

classic arms 100gr,wolf 119.95/1000
steve98664

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by steve98664 »

Cheaper than dirt is the easiest to buy from, age check is easier than all of the rest.

KY Imports is good but their website listing is never updated, call to find out.

Samco is a no-go. They are my worst experience.

The ammunition store is great to deal with also.

I have been lucky to find S&B at the local gun show for $8.50/50 so I buy them out each show.

floridaammotraders is a good spot too when they have inventory. They don't update their site too well either.

Dans is listed as the sales distributor for Barnaul on their web page. I've called many times, but they never seem to have any in stock!
tunnelrat

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by tunnelrat »

I stopped at Buckeye Outdoor World in Ohio last week. They were asking $16 for a box of 50 9x18!

That costs as much as 357 SIG (so I bought the 357 SIG instead...).
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 Ammo sources

Post by bzinggg »

CZAKMEN all,

I have been all over every source I can find for a couple of weeks now and the Russian ammo is backordered or not even listed at most of the sites on the web. I can't find LVE (Silver Bear, Brown Bear, etc.) anywhere. I bought 500 rounds of Wolf 100gr FMJ for the range from Sportsman's Guide (without rejoining the Buyer's Club ) for $69.97 plus shipping at 10.99 for a total of $80.96. That's 16.19 cents a round, delivered. It's expected to be shipped 6/27/06. Ammoman has 500 rounds of Wolf 109gr delivered at $99.00, $18.00 dollars higher. ???

The way I want to go is Silver Bear 115gr JHP for both range and personal protection, if it stays at 6 or 7 dollars a box, but I cannot find it at all, anywhere. :(
Last edited by bzinggg on June 22nd, 2006, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.