Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

PA-63???

Post by normsutton »

T RAT

I own 5 FEG guns 2 the HP clones one 40 cal and one in 9mm

1 RL-61 in 22LR and 2 BR-61 in 9x18 mak had to change hanner springs in all 3 61's
but I love all 5 guns they all shoot good as gold all of these guns have steel frames
also these were brand new guns when i bought them a year or two ago
I have nerver bought a hand gun that I didn't have to fine tune except the the STAR 9x19 FIRSTAR (except grips)
I might buy a PA-63 just to see what i can do with it ( gun smithing)
like all aluminum frame guns shoot light loads carry hot

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
jak47

PA-63???

Post by jak47 »

Thanks for the feedback ;D I ordered 2 P64s from SOG and will be picking them up tomorrow. Range report will follow.

By coincidence my FFL (where I also work) took in a pristine Russian Mak in 9X18. With two mags and a like-new holster it went home with me for $195!

Can't wait to get my hands on those P64s!

jAK-47
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA-63???

Post by abwehr »

jak47,

You got a sweet deal on Russian Mak! They are selling in the $300+ range on the Makarov Forum. I think the Bulgarian Maks are beginning to hit the $200 range now.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

PA-63???

Post by papabear »

abwehr, I just saw a ad from "floridagunworks.com", their ad said, "Brand New Polish Made Makarov, (P64) $199.95 comes with one mag. Yelp, the price is going up. I just picked up a nice one (1968) at a show in Evansville In. two weeks ago for $160 OTD w/3 mags and a Russian holster. Also picked up another nice CZ52 w/2 mags and a holster w/cleaning rod for $150 OTD. For me, shows are still the best place to find really good deals, don't have to pay shipping or FFL fee's, and you get to handle and see what you are getting, but I am afraid gun shows are becoming a endangered species.
POINT SHOOTER
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA-63???

Post by abwehr »

papabear,

You made a NICE buy on that rig. Here in SC, the going price is from $165 up to $225 with only one spare mag.

One of my companys Clients, Alcoa Aluminum is located near Evansville! I used to travel to the plant often on a large project I had going. This is a nice area and I was able to go to a gun show there once when I stayed over a weekend. I have also had projects at the Century Aluminum Plant in Hawsville, KY. I would fly into Evansville airport for both plants. A very nice area to live.
jak47

PA-63???

Post by jak47 »

Got my (2) P64s and cannot wait to shoot them (tomorrow hopefully). I work at a huge gun place and they let employees "play" with used guns. A nice P63 came in and I grabbed it to take to the range tomorrow. If it behaves and I like it, for $120 out the door I might have to add it to my growing 9X18 collection.

Range report to follow!

jAK-47
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA-63???

Post by himmel »

Man, for $120 OTD I would too!
jak47

PA-63???

Post by jak47 »

I leave my paycheck at work every week! Damn! The weather is supposed to cooperate tomorrow so I'll be shooting (2) P-64s, a Ruskie Mak and a P-63!!! My hand will probably be sore but I'm thinking that I'll STILL be smiling!

Range report to follow (by amateur/noobie Mak guy). BTW, I have a theory about these EVIL people who are making these way-cool grips - they're actually being paid a commission by sellers of P-64s because you have to buy a different gun for each set of grips! LOL!!!

jAK-47