PA63 Service life? OT

Info, pictures, advice...
cz83

PA63 Service life? OT

Post by cz83 »

A friend of mine is telling me that around 1,000 rounds. It will show wear and tear (all guns do) but for PA63 it will be more pronounce. Can somebody shed some ligths on this. Thanks!!!

Regards,
CZ83
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA63 Service life? OT

Post by abwehr »

I can't help with this, but my opinion is that any country that develops a handgun that is only good for 1,000 rds has some BAD designers! The frame of the PA-63 is aluminum I think, and of course it is not as strong as steel, but it still should last for 5-10 times what you have heard.

With that said, the "caveat" is the type loads you shoot. If you shoot the HOT stuff all the time, yes, the life will be drastically diminished. Buy my humble opinion is that if you shoot standard ammo, it should last a long time. I don't have one at this time, never shot one, but I am an engineer, and I just can't believe the pistol is only good for 1,000 rds?????

Edit - This 1,000 rd life may be from folks that don't like the PA-63, similar to the bad information about the P-64.
Last edited by abwehr on March 21st, 2006, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
cz83

PA63 Service life? OT

Post by cz83 »

Thanks abwehr,

I told my buddy to stop going to the Mak board ;D.
Just kidding! What kind the gun is that with the life span of 1000 rounds. I ignored him anyway and I still shoot my PA63 with 95 gr or less diet.