What not to clean your P-64 with!!

Info, pictures, advice...
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

I have been a big fan of Break Free Powder Blast for a long time but it is not ment for the grips.It discolored them really bad. Also took the red dot off the safety. If you keep it away from those items,it still does its usual good job
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

bigdog: too bad... try some "EEZOX" checkj iut out on web!!! It cleans, lubs and preserves all at one. Originally used by musket loaders. Non toxic, will not hurt wood, plastic, metal, etc.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hey CZAKboy, thanks for the info on "EEZOX", after reading here about eezoz I went to their
site and checked it out and have now ordered the 1.5 oz drip bottle and the 4 oz can. Good information!
POINT SHOOTER
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

OK, let me know how you like it, espl if you don't like it !!!!!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Will do CZAYboy, from what I read it sounds good, espeically about not leaving smuges and fringerprints.
Been using BreakFree and WonderLube, bought a ton of it off a dealer at a gun show in Tallahassee that was wanting to get rid of them, sold most of it, but looking for something else and EEZOX sounds like worth trying, thanks!!!
POINT SHOOTER
mongo

Post by mongo »

Hoppes #9

Even took some with me to the gulf.

I never understood the need to reinvent the wheel.
cz83

Post by cz83 »

+1 with Hoppes 9.
butch50

Post by butch50 »

Anyone ever try one of those sonic cleaners?
doug68

Post by doug68 »

I found this link concering eezox, it sounds like great stuff. Ill have to find some I think. I use break free right now and it also scored well.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I use Hoppes 9 or WD 40 to clean my guns then I use Triflow Lubricant @ TASKERS UK LTD to lubricant
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I clean the same as "NORMSUTTON"; first with WD40 and them Hoppes #9. This combination has worked for me for years. When I fire corrosive ammo, I first clean with the old GI corrosive bore cleaner, then WD40 and follow up with Hoppes #9. This may be "overkill", but I don't have rust, LOL

As to lubricants; I usually use grease and oil. The grease is Castrol Wheel Bearing Grease and the oil is synthetic motor oil. In the winter, I thin the grease with oil and use light coats of grease in the summer.

There are a lot of GOOD gun dedicated oils and grease on the market. These are like firearms; some folks like some brands and other folks like different brands. To me, as long as you have lubricants on the weapon and don't run it dry, most all will work for you.

Another factor is the conditions you shoot in.......deserts are not th eplace for grease and most oils, this is where graphite comes in. Know the conditions and pick the lubricant for that situation.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

I use Sweets 7.62 solvent... Nothing like the smell of ammonia to get ya in the mood to clean guns, lol...

-Mark
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hey CZAKboy, got my order for the EEZOX yesterday, applied it last night and today the one revolver I applied a thin coat to has dried and it is great!!! NO more smuge marks or fingerprints. The revolver I put a heavier coat on is still a bit damp, so as you suggested the thin coat works best, Thanks for the head up on EEZOX.
POINT SHOOTER
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

I actually found EEZOX at a gun store today.

I had read about it in the past but have never seen it in the Gun stores. Little place in Northern NH had it. 4 oz bottle for $5.99.

Just did both my P-64's with it. It's awsome. I was a little worried about the small bottle but this stuff will go a long way. Just one dab on a cloth was more than enough to do both pistols.

Now on to the rifles...........
Last edited by space on March 12th, 2006, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.