I Got IT

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

I Got IT

Post by abwehr »

Well, guys, I got IT yesterday! Yes, IT is the Second Variation P-64 I have been looking for; a 1972 dated pistole!!

Yesterday morning at the gun show, I went looking for the dealer I bought my Third Variation from back in December and when I found him he had two P-64 with him; a 1969 and the 1972. The price he was selling for was $199, but gave me a discount since I had a display table. The price was $170 plus sales tax. A little higher than the last pistol at $165 OTD, but I was happy to find IT!

I did not see any other P64s at the show for sale, and the dealer said he was getting low on stock and the next order will probably be his last as the supply is slowly drying up.

I have a holster & cleaning rod, and a Polish manual ordered from "bartos" and they should be arriving this week from Poland. Now I have all three variations, holsters spare magazines and manuals to make a great collection of this fine pistol.

Now I need to find other items to add to the P-64 collection; what a great pistol!

edit - Oh yea, I forgot to mention, the grips are standard Polish issue flat side grips on both sides!
Last edited by abwehr on February 26th, 2006, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikethewreck

I Got IT

Post by mikethewreck »

We're so happy for you! I know that the empty spot in your gun safe is now filled with your new little bundle of joy!
warthog

I Got IT

Post by warthog »

Sure and you didn't pick up the early one for me did you. :P

Glad you finally got it. :)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

I Got IT

Post by abwehr »

warthog,

He only had two, and I did not think the 1969 was early enough for you!

My MG42 dispaly won First Place this time. My "winnings of $100 paid for a little Romanian .22 training rifle I bought!

Yes, the 1982 will have an honored place in the safe along with the other two MINT pistols. These three will stay mint with my carry P-64 taking "backseat" to looks after the blue starts to wear, LOL! But the worn one will have character.
amd6547

I Got IT

Post by amd6547 »

You'll have fun with that romanian .22--I have one, and it is a fine shooter. Lot's of info on paralax bill's C&R forum. Makes me think about small game hunting again, as it would be a fine squirel sniper.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

I Got IT

Post by abwehr »

I did a quick check on the Romanian M69 last night and it appears there is good info on the rifle. Hopefully, I will have some time this evening to check it out better. Thanks for the info on Parralax Bill's website, I will check it out.

I was showing it to friend of mine at the show yesterday afternoon and he asked if the magazine was original and I said it should be........he showed me a stamp on the bottom plate "made in tiawan". I broke up laughing and said they must be popular if the magazine is being reproduced! This is the only thing wrong with the rifle, but still a decent buy because the condition is probably 97%.

I have to get time to go shoot one day. I have three training rifles I have bought in the past 2 months and not been able to shoot any of them! I have a German Heym .22 single shot, a H&R M12 Single shot, and the new Romanian M69. I gotta get to the range and check them out.
talon

I Got IT

Post by talon »

Hello Abwehr,

Congrats on your find..

You'll like that Romaininan I bought one two years ago it is a good shooter. Funny about your magazine :)

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)