What year are you shooting?

Info, pictures, advice...
novgarod

Post by novgarod »

Also a big thanks to abwehr - just ordered a holster too, but the ebay site did not say anything about getting a mag & tool also - hope that's indeed a bonus when it arrives from Poland. Maybe a parts listing will be opening soon for all of us?
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Hope the inquiries to the Polish seller didn't make him greedy. Looks like he may be removing the magazine and cleaning rod for separate sale.
We may have killed the goose that laid the complete outfits.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Okay, I have sent an email to the seller in Poland. I basically ran down all the benefits of him selling on the board and the web site. We shall see what tomorrow's email check brings. Keep your fingers crossed!
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Dick, don't be afraid to bargain on set prices. He should gladly come down from Ebay prices, for access to this many takers, which will increase with time. I'm pretty sure he is already making at least 500% profit on Ebay, and padding the shipping cost.
Mak holsters with mag and rod are being sold by U.S. dealers for $10, and they have to import the things.
Just a suggestion, since I know the Poles. I am one.
Stan
koam

Post by koam »

1977 with a triangle hammer and thumbrest grips. Great shape from Military Gun Supply.
marktx

Post by marktx »

71 with triangular hammer flat grips also form MGS. about a year ago.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Hello, all (I'm new here...)!!!

I've got two consecutive serial #ed '73s with triangular hammers and flat grips... Both are import marked TG Knox, TN... Both came with one matching mag from SOG...

-Mark
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Welcome, xelloss! Glad to have you - I'm sure you'll find all the info you will ever need about your P-64 right here.
coaster

Post by coaster »

Just discovered this site, been locking for a place that has info on the P64. Mine is a 1977, triangle hammer with flat grips. Would like to get a correct holster the ones that were on e-bay are gone.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Welcome to the site "xelloss" and "coaster"!!!!!!

We certaily are glad to have you on board. Our exalted leader "dickfunk" has done a great service is putting this Forum up for us. We may still be a small group, but growing daily.

"exelloss", you made a nice buy getting a consecutivly paired set of P-64 pistols! So far I only have one and it is the early round hammer. I am looking for one of the triangular hammers at the local gun shops, but have not found one yet ON another posting, I found two of them, but I was NOT going to pay the $229 the deler was asking. He had a great stroy about them being very rare "Polish Makarovs", LOL! I decided not to get into an argument with him about what they are because he is not a very friendly guy.

I am hoping that the dealer in Poland will come through with information to "dickfunk" about the possibility of us selling the nice Original Poish holsters, magazines, and cleaning tools on the Forum. This would be a win-win situation for all of us. A number of the guys on the Forum have the holster rig already and they are really nice. Stay with us and as information comes in about the pistol, it will be posted. Have both of you downloaded the Manual yet? If not, get yourself a free copy!
coaster

Post by coaster »

I have down loaded the manual. Sure would like to get a original holster. It is surprising how accurate it is shooting it double action in spite of the very heavy pull.
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

1967!!! It's finally here!
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Thanks for the welcome, guys!!!

Abwehr, that's funny, 'cause I'm trying to find one now with a circular hammer... ;D ;D ;D I believe they date from pre-72s??? Kinda wondering what the cut-off date on circular hammer P-64s is...

-Mark
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

I have seen 2 1970s that were one of each.
valkyrie0002

Post by valkyrie0002 »

I just got 4 from SOG. 2-'75s, 1-'74 these have triangle hammers and thumb rests. 1-'68 with round hammer and thumbrest.